Twenty one

Daciana stared at her parents blankly, her face void of any emotions. If she felt anything now towards them, it was Hate and Anger.

She walked towards Alex ignoring the people staring at her. She carried Alana from Alex who gave her a reassuring look.

"Am sorry Alpha Phil, I need some time out with my daughter." Daciana said and walked outside.

Brian and Drake followed her while Alex looked at the old couple who had tears in their eyes.

"Are you guys okay?" Phil who was oblivious of what was happening asked confused.

"Our Daciana. We found out daughter." Landa said and suddenly ran outside. It seemed like she was in a daze while Daciana was in the room.

Daciana sat on a long bench behind the pack house. She remembered this place. She always played here with her little brother Lucas. Seeing him today brought back lots of painful memories. 

Her brother was her best friend. Though he was only three years old when she left and he might not remember her.

Alana was playing around chasing butterflies. Brian and Drake had taken to sit on either sides of her as they watched Alana.

"They're your parents, aren't they?" Brian asked and Daciana looked at him and smiled painfully.

Drake rested her head on his shoulder and patted her gently.

Brian was going to say something when Landa ran up to them.

"Daciana." She said tears flowing down her face. Daciana sat up and glared at the woman in front of her.

This woman she no longer recognized as her mother.

"My daughter. My baby." Landa continued sobbing now.

"Am not your daughter! My mother's in Paris! I don't know you!" Daciana yelled and that took a toll in her as she had stressed herself and her baby. She felt dizzy and Brian made her lean on him before she could fall.

"I know you're mad at me because your dad and I left you in that orphanage, but please let me explain-"

"I don't need your explanation. As a matter of fact, you have no right to justify yourself." Daciana said weakly. Landa was going to say something when Alex, Phil, Derrick and Lucas came.

"Ana!" Alex said and went to hold Daciana. She was getting weak and her temperature was rising.

"Am sorry Alpha Phil. I have to take my mate back home. She's pregnant and not feeling very well." Alex said and Drake took that as his cue to go get Alana who was now plucking flowers at the other end.

"You don't have to leave, we can bring her inside, our pack doctor will take good care of her." Phil said.

Landa was still crying and her husband was trying to console her. Lucas was lost but didn't ask any questions.

Alex was going to refuse Phil's request but Daciana seemed really weak and she needed a doctor quickly. The ride back home will take three hours and he couldn't take any risk.

"Okay." He said and carried Daciana inside, following Phil's lead.

They brought her into a guest room and the pack doctor was called to attend to her immediately.

The party was to start soon so Phil had to leave along with his Beta. Alex told Drake and Brian to go to the party and represent him. He wasn't going to leave his mate here all by herself.

Derrick and Landa were seated in a corner in the room. Alex was beside Daciana while watching the doctor do his job.

"She got stressed a little which affected the baby's heartbeat that led to her rise in temperature and body weakness but she'll be fine after taking some rest." The doctor said and excused himself.

Alex smiled at his mate reassuringly and held her wrist.

"Where's Alana?" Daciana asked completely ignoring the other two people in the room.

"She's with Brian and Drake. You don't need to worry about her." Alex said.

"We should be at the party." Daciana said and Alex frowned.

"No way, you're not okay." He said.

Landa and Derrick walked up to them.

"Can we speak to our daughter alone?" Derrick asked Alex.

Alex looked at Daciana as if asking for her confirmation and she nodded at him. He sighed and stood up.

"Please don't say things that will trigger her emotions because SHE'S PREGNANT." Alex said, making full emphasis on the last part before kissing Daciana's forehead and leaving.

Landa went to sit at where Alex was sitting and held Daciana's hand. Daciana freezed at the contact and immediately pulled her hand away and faced the opposite side of Landa.

"Dana." Derrick called and Daciana freezed once again. She remembered her Dad used to call her that all the time.

She felt her eyes stinging as tears were threatening to fall.

"Please look at me." Derrick said and Daciana didn't know why she obeyed but she just did.

Derrick seemed pleased he was able to get her to look at him.

"You can hate us because we deserve it. But I want you to at least give us a chance to explain ourselves." Derrick said. Daciana saw the sincerity in his eyes plus she was curious as to know why her parents abandoned her so she nodded.

"Hurry with whatever you have to say because I need my mate." She said.

"Your Mother and I never Abandoned you." Derrick started.