𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐮𝐩

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

Hurricane - 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬

         "You Wrecked My Whole World,"

               "When you came,"

         "And Hit Me Like A Hurricane."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

𝖲𝖤𝖠𝖲𝖮𝖭 𝟣 𝖤𝖯𝖨𝖲𝖮𝖣𝖤 𝟣 - 𝖯𝖨𝖫𝖮𝖳

"John, Aurora. It's come to our attention that you are an unemancipated minor
living on your own." Cheryl's annoying booming voice stuck out like a sore thumb. God, she was literally a broken record. Yeah we know we're on our own, Sherlock fucking Holmes.

"No... No." John B quickly shut down the suspicion that we were minors living in a home.

"Ew no." I added in, you know, for the effect.

Cheryl sighed and I could've sworn I broke into a sweat because her breath was hot as fuck, "I need honesty to help you two. That's what we want, right?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

We both just bullshit them because what else is there to do.

"Okay then when was the last time you spoke to your uncle?" She questioned looking us both. I looked at John B, knowing that he was going to answer this one.

"Uh.. thirty-four minutes ago." John B nodded, looking at me to which I shrugged and glanced at the clock hung up on the wall, "Yeah about."

"When's the last time you saw him?"

"For me, four hours and twenty seven minutes because I had to work at the boutique this morning but uh it may be different for Johnny." I said as if I had rehearsed this a million times in my head. Which I did by the way. Whatever it took to keep John B and I out of foster care. I was NOT getting separated from him.

Cheryl looked at me skeptically, hoping to find a sign of fibbing in my eyes, but she found shit. Per usual. She always tries with me, but the bitch is too damn easy to fool.

"John?" Cheryl asked now looking at my cousin. John B glanced at the non - existent watch on his wrist and looked back up at Cheryl, "Two hours and forty - three minutes ago."

"John, Aurora, we're gonna come out there tomorrow to talk to your uncle. If he's not there, we're gonna move forward with foster care." Cheryl said acting as if she felt bad for us but in reality was insanely over both of our defensive acts. She just needed the proof to get us out, I get it. Honestly, I'd probably do the same.