16: Tall, strong, blond

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ says as we are all out on the dock testing out the camera. I was on the dock with JJ and Pope while John B and Kie were swimming around the camera. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"It's not a drone." I state.

"It's an ROV." Pope says.

"Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ says not wanting to listen to us.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B says swimming by us.

"It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ asks.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope answers.

"I know. I know." JJ responds.

"You don't know though, cause you asked." I say.

"It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." JJ says ignoring my comment.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B says.

"How do you know all of that?" Kie asks him.

"'Cause my dad said it, like, a million times."

"Yeah, that's fair."

"This tether is, like, really long.

"In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around." Pope states.

"Then we'll go at dead calm." John B states. We hear thunder in the distance as I look at the sky's.

"At slack tide?" Kie asks climbing the ladder.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope states.

"And today is not that day." I say as I hear more thunder.

"Hey Barry!" I say walking into the house. I just wanna forget last night. Put the past in the past. He was a shitty father. Why do I have to ruin my days I've someone so shitty. So I'm ignoring that it even happened.

"You seem happy today. Break up with country club?"

"Uhm no. I haven't seen him sense the party." I state.

"Been hanging around that Kelce kid again? Didn't y'all hook up for a while."

"Uhm no. I mean yea we hooked up but we're just friends as of right now. Maybe we will go someplace but I don't know." I go to the kitchen to try and find me food of some sort.

"What about uhm. What's his face? Tall, strong, blond." Barry starts listing things.

"JJ?"

"Yea! Y'all seemed to get a long." Barry wiggles his eyebrows. I grab a bag of chips and head over to the couch to sit with him.

"I mean yea. Is it weird that I might be in love with him? Like I'm in love with him but I'm gonna date other people cause he loves someone else who's way hotter than I am." I start rambling.

"Hey! You are gorgeous, don't let other people tell you otherwise, especially your self. If he don't want you then that's his loss." Barry states.

"Wow when did you get so good at this brother shit." I say with a smile.

"Brother?" Barry asks.

"Well you act like my brother and I live here so." I say unsure I'm how he would respond.

"Awesome! Sup lil sis!" He olds up his fist for me to fist bump him.

"Well uhm." I get up and walk to the kitchen to put the chips back. "I'm gonna go to my room and read for a bit."

"Okay." Barry holds his thumb up.

"Oh also can I spend the night at John Bs again?" I ask with a smile.

"Do whatever just don't come back with a human inside you." Barry states not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Awesome thanks." I go to my room and open up my book and read.

I've read for a while and decide to get up and head over to John Bs.

"Hola!" I say as I see them in the hammocks.

"Sup ET!" JJ says signaling for me to coke lay down by him.

"You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit?" Pope asks John B knowing we were all thinking it.

"My father thought it was." He responds.

"But do you?" I ask thunder in the background.

"After hearing his voice on that tape... I think I do."

"Only one way to find out." Pope responds as JB and him to the Pogue handshake.

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know?" Kie reassures.

"Even JJ believes." I say smiling.

"Oh, my God, JJ, do you really believe?" John B asks.

"Totally. Wait. Are we talking about four mil?"

"Four hundred mil." Kie and I say.

"Jinx." I quickly say after.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks." JJ states making all of us chuckle. "Good night, Bird!"

"Good night, bird shit!" I smile at the two boys interaction. They have a special bond. I guess everyone in our group does.

JJ and I have something special. John B and I are like brother and sister. Kie and I are like sisters. And Pope and I are just best friends but really close. You could say I'm the glue of the group. Without me, they fall apart. I'm the one that fixes their fights and arguments and stops them from doing stupid shit (most the time), I even give them amazing advice.

889 words! I've been busy with my other story but I promise to update all of them. Love y'all!