41: Peaches

"Guys, the thing that Limbrey said, I don't think she meant to let it slip. She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo." Pope says. After we left my house we decided to go visit Popes grandma.

"Wait. Can I see that?" JJ asks as I look up at him. All I can think about is that he seems so, happy. I'm starting to think I didn't mean anything. I spent the whole day crying about everything and he went through with his stupid plan. Who even knows if he cried.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah asks.

"I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope says stating his opinion.

"Well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Kie says reading from her phone.

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ asks as I roll my eyes at him.

"Shit, talk about over-gifting. Look at that thing." Kie says showing us a pic on her phone. "Looks like a person standing next to it."

"So it's a giant-ass cross." JJ says.

"It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever  from the provinces. It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829." Kie says stating facts.

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ asks.

"Oh, no. Not the triangle." John B says looking at JJ.

"Here we go again." I mumble knowing the boys blame everything on Bermuda, mainly JJ.

"It always leads back to the triangle, dude.  Like every single time something's weird, it's Bermuda." JJ rambles.

"What does a key found above your mee-maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kie asks cutting JJ off.

"Yeah." Sarah says.

"Where do we come in?" Kie asks.

"I don't know. That's a good question." Pope says confused and lost in thought.

"Hey, actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." Pope says as we get out of the car.

"Are you sure?" Kie asks.

"Yeah, I can handle it. I don't really need you, so..." Pope says being a dick. Honestly I'm on his side.

"Oh, we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we?" JJ sarcastically says. I roll my eyes at him.

"Hey, man, pick you up in a bit." John B says as we all get into the car.

"Of course I thanked Topper." Sarah says as us three girls leave the store. "He saved my life,
and I'd put him through so much already.  And you'd think that that is the crime of the century."

"Tell me about it. All of this crazy shit's happening,  and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him." Kie says telling the truth.

"You did kinda lead him on." I say as they both turn to me.

"What happened to you and JJ?" Sarah asks.

"Because apparently my life would be so much better with out him." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Is it?" Kie asks curiously.

"No, it's hell." I tell her.

"And we're the dramatic ones." Sarah says laughing as Kie and I laugh with her.

"And dude, we're over because apparently im in love with Kie." I tell John B. "She said I look at Kie with love or some shit. And how I'm so much more happier with her."