Chapter 18

We drove back to the Chateau to come up with a day and a plan to get the gold out. I have to run home because my dad called asking where I am which is never good. John B is also leaving to go get Sarah which Kie is going to flip out about. He took off first and I walked over to my car. I took the keys from my pocket and as I went to unlock the car a different car pulled up to me, making me a little nervous.

"Well well well Molly Wescott right?" A guy with brown hair remarked, and parked the car.

"Who's asking?" I know if I scream the boys will come running so I'm curious as to what exactly this is.

"Your boy Rafe.." He walked closer to me and my heart pounded faster. "Owes me a lotta money." Oh no this is not happening right now. I opened my mouth to scream but he whipped out a gun and pointed it at me before I could, making me hold my hands up in surrender. "You gonn' get in the car and you ain't gonna say a word." I looked over at the house hoping one of them could see but I know they can't. They're all outside on the back porch oblivious.

"Look I-if it's money I can get it to you." I told him, hoping he lets me go.

"We'll have plenty of time to talk about that later." He responded. "Get in." I walked over to his car and into the passenger seat. When I looked in the back I noticed two other guys with masks on and guns. "Don't be thinking of trying anything princess otherwise you gonn' end up splattered on this road." I swallowed a lump of fear in my throat and stayed quiet. This is bad...really bad.

——————————-

Rafe's Pov

"This only the beginning country club."

Barry's words from earlier rang through my head as anxiety rushed through me. This morning Barry came and confronted me about the money that i never got back to him for the cocaine from the party. I ended up snorting more than I made and I had to return the money to my dad for the generators. In response he branded my arm on the burning metal of my bike and I can't help but wonder what's going to happen next. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I grabbed it to see Molly's face on the screen.

Shock rushed through me at the sight of her calling. It seemed so final when she broke up with me, I definitely didn't expect her to call me again yet. She definitely wouldn't. She always waits for me to come running back to her, that's our dynamic. She wouldn't call me unless... picked up the phone and panic rushed through me as the call connected. "Molly?!"

"I told you he would answer the phone." Barry's voice boomed through the phone and instantly my stomach dropped.

"Barry I swear if you hurt her." Anger ripped through me ferociously. She's the one person in this entire world I didn't want to be involved in this.

"Well that's going to depend on you country club." Anger pounded through me at his words. He turned the camera to show her on her knees and someone with a gun to her head. Her eyes are closed and I can see the tear stains on her cheeks. "You gon' get me my money by tonight otherwise you and me are both gon' have a rich girlfriend." My stomach twisted at the thought of him attacking her like that. I went to say something but before I could he stopped me. "Tick-tock bitch." He then hung up the phone.

Without thinking I rushed to my dad's office. I don't have any time to waste anymore, Molly's in trouble and I have to help her. This is all my fault. All of this is my fault if I just did what I was supposed to none of this would be happening. I went over to the desk and rummaged through his things until I saw a number combination written on a notepad. "Four three zero zero okay." I whispered to myself and went over to the large painting of Denmark Tanny on the wall. I pulled it out, revealing the safe behind it and punched in the code. It beeped, and a green light appeared signaling it unlocked and I opened it to see a few of my dad's expensive watches and some stacks of money.