The Shifty Retelling

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

Briefly, he closed his eyes from the pain coursing through his ankle and back. His left ankle pulsed, and he felt the fabric around the wound grow wetter. Green-hazel optics stared forward, and he noted someone seated up against the wall nearby him. Looking up, he spotted Deidre, and he noticed that she was breathing. Instantly, a mental sigh of relief washed over him at knowing that she actually wasn't dead, but that relief was short lived given the other situation occurring. At least, she was asleep and wouldn't have to witness it. Barely, his eyes shifted from her to the creature and (f/n). From his perspective, he couldn't see Nick anymore, but he could hear droplets of tears collide with the ground.

The creature, though, was grinning horrifically, and his hands were just above (f/n)'s chest. His left nails tapped against her chest and torso lightly, threatening to stab into her flesh there. Ren wished to get back up, but his body was spent, and another attempt might make his ankle wound bleed too much. Then again, death was a near certainty for them, but Chris was still alive. He had to stay around for her so that she could escape if she got captured even if the likelihood of him distracting the creature long enough for her to escape was minimal; he still had to try not only for Chris but for Nick and Deidre too. (F/n) ... She might be too difficult to rescue.

Mentally, a bitter laugh echoed in his mind. That was even if he would be able to distract the creature in the first place. Almost, his own tears formed. Things were looking utterly hopeless, and hearing Nick break down only amplified that. Ren rested the side of his head against his upper arm, and his eyelids felt heavier by the second from the pain and exhaustion, but he refused to fall asleep. He had to stay awake so that Nick wasn't the only one awake with the creature. Tiredly, his optics fell back on the creature, who was now tracing a few scars above her chest.

No enjoyment crossed the creature's expression; he only looked demented. The creature's actions purely were for tormenting Nick and nothing else. Nick's feet scraped across the ground again in a vain attempt to move closer, but he never could get a good grip. The older human male's wrists were bright red where the cables were from his constant struggling against them, and muffled cries continued to stream past his lips.

"You certainly are very noisy." The creature grinned more. "This really," he moved his hands down to her hips and rested his chin on her right shoulder, "must bother you." Callest only could tolerate his current actions since they were producing a cruel punishment for Nick. Otherwise, he would never submit himself to trailing his fingers across her skin in such a way. His thumbs pressed into two bruises on her skin there, and she shifted in her sleep, but she didn't wake.

"But all of these bruises and cuts, I've been re-administering them to her so that they don't heal completely. I've told her time and time again how disgusting she is, and she needs to see her punishment for that." His thumbs pressed more into the marks, and she groaned as her brows furrowed in pain. "She earned a few for calling me by my name when trash like her has no right to. She earned more for refusing to admit to her denial. She even earned some from simply making too much noise." The creature smirked to Nick, who wore a heavy glare. "And, I didn't offer her a gag like you." His left index finger pointed to him. "So, you should be grateful."

Some retort left Nick's lips, but it was undecipherable, and Ren didn't say a word even if he wanted to. He suspected that he would be knocked out if he did, and he wanted to remain awake for as long as he could. "I take it that you aren't. Well, I suppose that's fair since I'll be killing off your friends in the near future. Hmm ..." The creature trailed off before he smirked again. "That might actually get her to admit to her full feelings." Nick tried to speak understandably, but the creature ignored him. "But, we can get to that later. I haven't finished telling you everything yet."