THE BEGINING (ch.1)

CHAPTER ONE: the beginning

Hi! I'm Isla Scott, pronounced "i-luh" the 's' is silent and this is my life.

Let me get you up to speed.

So basically my dad was a kook, grew up on Figure 8 and my mom was a pogue, grew up on The Cut. They were in 11th grade when they met at a kegger party at the boneyard.

The boneyard is like a three layer burrito, as John B calls it. It's like a safe space, everyone is allowed there: pogues, kooks, and tourist.

It took a lot of convincing for my mom to finally go on a date with my dad. She wasn't the biggest fan of kooks but "he seemed different". Basically that night changed their lives for what I would like to say, the better. Once they both graduated high school Nicole (my mom) and Shawn (my dad) decided to get a house together, two houses down from their best friend John Routledge, or as we call him now "Big John". My dad didn't think twice about leaving his "fancy life" of being a kook behind. He loved my mom and would do anything for her. Although my grandparents weren't too happy about him moving to the cut, mainly because they didn't want him to leave them, they were happy for him. Finally growing up and starting a family. They adored my mom.

I wish I knew her.

My mom passed away giving birth to me at age 21. I blame myself obviously but no one else does.

My bestfriend John B was born 2 weeks before me so we basically grew up as siblings. We celebrated every birthday together and we were inseparable.

Me and my dad lived alone on The Cut while my grandparents lived on Figure Eight I visited them every weekend and since they were next door neighbors and good friends with the Cameron's I basically grew up with Rafe and Sarah and soon after Wheezie too. They are like my siblings.

Even though my grandparents didn't mind pogues, they were friends with quite a few they still asked my dad to send me to the "Kook Academy" my father agreed because he wanted me to get the best education there was. I adored my father.

John B met JJ in second grade and introduced us and soon after he joined our little "group". We were basically inseparable. Then soon after we met Pope in 4th grade. He was outside of "Heyward's" (his fathers business) he was cleaning a surf board. I thought he looked friendly so I walked up to him and told him I liked his board. Soon after a friendship sprouted. It was just the four of us, living our lives. Although sometimes it sucked to be the only girl I wouldn't trade any of the guys for a girl. They are my brothers. My soulmates. Then the summer before 9th grade I met Kiara, well we met Kiara, or Kie as we call her. We were all sitting on the beach gathered around a small little fire when she caught JJ's eye. He thought she was cute so I invited her over to hang, then you could guess what happened next. I finally wasn't the only girl. As much as I love the boys I was so grateful for Kie. Finally someone I could relate to in ways I couldn't with the boys. Like I couldn't talk to the guys about boys....

But before we get ahead of ourselves, let me tell you about my dad.

When i was 14, eighth grade, my dad passed away. Heart attack. I miss him with every ounce of soul in my body. My dad was my everything. He used to tell me so many stories about my mom. I think he knew that sometimes i really really wish she was here. There are some things a girl needs her mom for. Dads can only do so much, even though i was really thankful for my dad, he couldn't show me how to put on makeup or do my hair. And that's was Sarah and Mrs.Rose are for.

Soon after my dad died i moved in with my grandparents on Figure Eight, in their HUGE house right next to the Cameron's. I didn't mind since they were basically family to me. It just meant i would be spending a little more time with them which i didn't mind either.

Even though i live on Figure 8 and go to Kook Academy i spend all my free time at the Chateau, that's what we call John B's house. We always find something to do.

So i basically get the best of both worlds. Kook and pogue. I don't preferably like being called a "kook" but it doesn't bother me what other people think.

And thats basically where we are, mommy and daddy dead, living with grandparents, also since i get along with basically everyone the "kooks vs. pogues" thing really aggravates me.

So where were we? Oh right!

"I'll shoot you on your way down."

AUTHORS NOTE:
•so how was the first chapter?
•pls lmk if you see errors
•drink water and stay hydrated loves
WORD COUNT: 874

~nottristinlol