MID SUMMERS (ch.9)

CHAPTER NINE: mid summers

The boys refused to tell me what they did. I figured it was just some stupid boy stuff and shrugged it off.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this.
Keep calm. Carry on. Back to the OBX life." Kie stated.

"Welcome - to the summer movie series." the man announced over the intercom.

"You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic." Pope commented to the girl.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ snarked.

"Oh please, we both know you weren't on your couch." Pope snorted causing JJ to roll his eyes and smirk at me.

"Anyways, i'm glad we're here Kie, thanks for inviting us."

"Isla uhm, do you wanna go to the concessions with me?" the girl asked me.

"Sure." We got up and walked to the guy in the building.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?" Kie asked.

"Oh and a water." i added in.

"Sure." the vender said as we handed him our money.

"Hey Isla, Kie. Hey, what's up? How are you?" i heard an all too familiar voice say.

"I'm fine." Kie sighed. I didn't dare look at the boy.

"Good, good. Um...Tell your boy that we know what he did." my heart instantly dropped.

What the hell did those two do.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asked him.

"Uh, he'll know."

"Bye." she nodded. "Douche."

"Hey uh Kie, i'll be right there."

"Okay." She walked back to our seats.

I grabbed Rafe's wrist and pulled him aside, away from his little minions.

"What the hell Rafe?"

"What, uh, what are you talking about?" He said innocently.

"Rafe. Don't play stupid." i snapped. "You know what i'm talking about."

He just rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"I can't think of one logical reason to beat the shit out of someone. I know you thinks pogues are scum or a waste of space. But news flash i am a pogue. ALSO, you broke your promise." i corrected him.

"It's my dad." he said as i started to walk away.

"What?"

"And drugs."

"Rafe." i sighed.

"No. Let me finish." he snapped.

I just hugged him. I know he just beat the shit out of Pope but he is still my family, (not biologically) and i think he needed this.

"Rafe it's okay. I've done told you a million times to take your anger out on something other than people."

"Okay mom."

I just rolled my eyes. "But for real. If you need to talk, come to me. Or go to the gym, punching bags."

He smiled in response, which is a very rare thing for Rafe Cameron. "Can i get some of your water?"

"No buy your own."

"But i don't have cash and he doesn't take card."

"Here." i handed him $5."Incase you get hungry."