CHAPTER SEVEN

Evelyn Banks

Evelyn Banks

"Sarah if you sing that one more time I'm throwing you out of the car" Rafe threatens her as she continues to sing the nursery rhyme she had been singing all morning. I had to agree with Rafe on this one, after being confined in a car with her for two hours singing it nonstop, I was at my wits end.

"You're no fun" Sarah huffs at the front as she turns to flip him off. Rafe just repeats the same actions as her, causing Topper to scold them for being so childish. For context, I was shoved in the back seat with Rafe while Sarah and Topper took dibs on the front seats. Topper driving while Sarah sat passenger with the GPS.

Rafe didn't bring up anything about last night or the kiss when we packed the car together this morning so I decided to forget about it. I mimicked him and acted as if none of it happened, as if it was just a dream. It was hard, the kiss just confused me and left me with so many unanswered questions, it replayed on my mind constantly even as I we sit in the car now.

I would never tell another soul but the kiss made me feel things. Sparks if you put it in cheesy romantic movie terms. As far as I'm concerned I hate Rafe and he didn't deserve any of the comfort I gave him last night but I couldn't deny that the kiss we shared made me feel something. Something I didn't feel when I kissed Tristan at the party.

I feel my phone vibrate and when I turn it on I see JJ's name flash on the screen. His text message causes a smile to grow on my face as I open it.

If any of those Kooks do anything to you call us. Have a good trip tho luv you :p

His text reminds me to message Barry to do me a favour and check up on my dad while I'm away. I already informed my dad about me going away for two days and he was fine with it knowing I was with Sarah.

It feels like a life time before we arrive at the camping grounds littered with other tents. I practically roll out of the car, my legs numb from sitting nonstop for hours with the exception of a few bathroom breaks. I stretch, letting out a sigh of relief as I feel my limbs start to warm up. The boys start unpacking and soon enough Sarah and I help them, pulling out the bags as we find a spot to camp.

"I didn't think you would be up for sleeping on the ground in a tent. Pegged you all as the can't sleep on the floor type" I snort as we start to unravel the tents and begin to assemble them.

"Ha-ha, we do normal things too you know" Sarah pokes her tongue out at me as I smirk at her. When we successfully finish one tent my eyebrows pull together in confusion as I notice there's only one more that's been packed.

"Wait-- why is there only two? I thought we packed three" I question in confusion as I hold up parts of the tent.

"We're sharing one Sherlock" Rafe sneers as he pushes past me to build the second one, already getting a solid start on it. I roll my eyes at him before moving to pull Sarah aside.