Chapter twenty-six

(Apologies if this chapter isn't great I'm rusty af lmao)

Evelyn Banks

"Move your head" Barry huffs as he playfully pushes my head out of the way— prompting me to flip him off before I move to sit down on one of his busted couches. I groan as I check the time again, impatiently counting down the minutes as I wait for Rafe to call me.

"Stop stressin out' he's fine" Barry groans after he catches me glancing at my phone screen for what seems like the hundredth time.

"I'm not stressing out— I'm just wondering what he's doing. He said he'd call by now" I hum, my thoughts running as I try to not overwhelm myself with all of the possible reasons why he hasn't called me yet. It's just a phone call, I don't know why I'm acting like he's missing.

"God— you look like a cling on right now doll. Leave him alone— he'll come around to callin' you" Barry barely reassures me— but I decide he's right and toss my phone on the table, giving it a break as I try to focus on anything else.

"Do I really look like a cling on?" I question him after a few moments of silence, causing him to groan out in annoyance before he grabs the remote and pauses the movie.

"What did I say? Stop talking about him— I'm not Dr.Phil, you want couple therapy then go pay for it" He says, causing my face to flush slightly in embarrassment from his tone. I apologise quietly before pushing back in my seat and waiting for him to continue the movie.

"Why you so worried about him? Did he do something?" Barry sighs out, caving into the silence a few moments later. I shrug as I think over why I'm so concerned.

"Well..." I pause momentarily before continuing.

"We finally— you know...did it last weekend and since then he's been distant with me. I just don't know why" I exhale heavily, feeling more insecure about the situation now that I've admitted to someone about his cold behaviour.

"Did it. You two finally had sex, not gonna lie and say I'm surprised" Barry snorts before he pulls out a cigarette and lights it up— obviously not caring that he's smoking inside.

"You think he's just using you for sex?"

"I mean— I don't know... since he's been off recently I'm starting to think so. Maybe Sarah was right. Why else would he ghost me right after he got what he wanted" I sigh heavily, running my hands down my face as I try to shut the thoughts that race through my head.

"Trust me— it's not that. Rafe likes you too much" He reassures me, sounding more nonchalant about it.

"How do you know that? Rafe isn't exactly the most innocent guy in obx"

Barry sighs heavily— blowing his smoke away from me before he shifts closer to me on the couch. He grabs ahold of my hand and moves it off of my lap.

"Look I can't tell you much but believe me— Rafe hasn't been off because of you. He's been busy dealing with some shit" He says and I nod reluctantly as I take in his words.

"Just don't stress about it" He squeezes my hand before he pulls away to answer his phone that's ringing on the coffee table in front of us. He tries to keep his conversation quiet but I hear enough to know that he has people coming over soon.