CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Evelyn Banks

Evelyn Banks

The time was moving slower than ever, I felt myself shifting around in my seat restlessly as my teacher droned on about our new assignment. I can't focus, my mind keeps wandering to other places and I can't help but let myself get distracted. I switch on my phone when I feel it vibrate in my bag, a smile growing on my face at Rafe's text messages.

Rafe :

Morning princess

I know you're at school rn. I miss you, can't wait to see you.

Btw my stupid sisters are forcing me to watch this netflix show with them tonight, would be better if you came ;)

I try to hide the grin on my face and the heat that emanates in my cheeks at his words seeing that my friends were only a few desks away. Plus Pope had already caught onto the whole Rafe thing, I couldn't risk giving him anymore ammo. I shove my phone in my pocket, making a mental note to message Rafe at break before averting my attention back to the front.

I'm pulled away from looking at the board when I feel someone tap my shoulder from behind me. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I glance over my shoulder, my smile faltering when I face Tristan. He gives me a small smile as he mouths talk after class before leaning back in his seat.

Shit, I've been totally ghosting him since the night I kissed Rafe in the bathroom at Tannyhill and he hasn't crossed my mind until now. Everything with Rafe has been clouding my mind to the point where I forgot about Tristan and I being on the verge of dating.

I try to think about what I'm going to say to him for the remainder of the class, sighing heavily when I hear the bell chime for the end of the period. I pack up my things, keeping my head low as I wait for him to leave class first before following him out.

My friends spot me walking over to him in the hallway and give me a reassuring nod, Kiara going the extra mile by indicating for me to kiss him by mimicking two people kissing with her hands. I grimance, flipping her off as I try to act normal. The thought of kissing Tristan made me uncomfortable now. Even before Rafe and I were a thing, I knew it didn't feel right when we'd kiss.

"Hey, Tristan" I say, giving him a small smile as I lean against the lockers in front of him.

"Hey, it feels like it's been forever since I last saw you. You haven't answered any of my texts or calls, uh-- what's wrong?" Tristan says, still obtaining a polite smile on his face even after he sees the smile on my face falter. I sigh heavily, brushing the hair out of my face as I look down at my shoes.