𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐬.

John Bs plan was to meet back at JJs but the 3 pogues decided it would be best to go to Heywards shop rather than having to hide from JJs father or deal with the consequences of him seeing them

Saylor was currently inside the shop speaking with Mr Heyward whilst her 2 best friends were slumped tiredly against the shop wall speaking about the events that had taken place in the Twinkie earlier in the day.

"Well, would you look at that. If it isn't my favourite Routledge twin." He exclaimed as he saw the brunette walk through the doors of his shop.

"Hey Pops." She laughed and she walked to the man who already had his arms spread open waiting for a hug.

Mr Heyward has always been a second father to Saylor. Sometimes even more than her dad himself. Whist big John was out doing research trying to find the Royal merchant and John B was surfing with JJ, Saylor would be at the Heywards helping at the shop and staying for a meal before helping pope with his studies. Sure, that was before she moved away but his fatherly affection for the girl hadn't faded just like her friendship with the older man's son.

As she was held in his arms they rocked side to side on there feet before pulling away. Heyward grabbed her face in between his hands and squashed them together. "Look how much you have grown! A very pretty young lady." He gushed and she smiled widely her cheeks still pinched together.

"Thanks Pops, looking good yourself. I swear your ageing backwards." She joked as she nudged his shoulder.

"This is why you have always been my favourite!" He exclaimed happily.

Mrs Heyward then entered through the back room of the shop and after seeing the girl she also ran over. "Saylor! Is that you sweetie?!"

The 3 laughed and joked around while catching up and making up for lost time. Saylor of cause missing out major details when telling them about her life for the past 2 years.

"You knew didn't you" JJ huffed after exhaling the smoke from his joint.

Pope instantly knew what he was talking about and grimaced whilst nodding his head.

"She told you the night on the docks when you brought her in whilst she was sleeping. It's the reason you have been so protective of her isn't it."

Popes dark brown eyes met JJs ocean blue as he nodded once more.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" The blonde questioned, anger laced in his tone.

Pope sighed before replying. "It wasn't my place to say anything JJ. She specifically asked me not to say anything to you guys because she doesn't want the sympathy and to upset anyone." He explained.

"I want to be there for her pope! I mean, we. We want to be there for her." He corrected wailing his arms in the air. "Do you know how shitty it feels knowing that she told you that and no none else?!"

Pope laughed bitterly. "So the problem here is that your jealous?! Not the fact that our best friend was raped?!" He knew that wasn't the case but tension was high.

"What?! No! Of course not. I'm so beyond angry that someone hurt her in that way! I don't even want to think about it." He took a deep breath before continuing "I just wish I was in the loop yanno. I care about her allot and I want her to feel like she can come to me with this shit."

"She knows that already JJ, and she cares about you allot too." He reassured him.

"Do you erm. Do you know who did it?" The blonde asked his best friend carefully watching his facial features for any reaction.

Popes eyes went wide not expecting him to have asked that question and he scrunched his face up clenching his fists whilst looking at the floor.

He knew. JJ knew that he knew. Just as he was about to demand answers the sound of a horn beeping caught their attention.

"Let's ride" John B shouts as he hits the side of the van with his hands.

Saylor came in between the 2 boys grabbing each of their hands and pulling them towards her brother and the Van. JJ looked down at their entwined fingers and a smile graced his lips.

"This better be good"

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ