𝟎𝟒𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬.

Saylor was not expecting anyone to be home when she arrived so it was fair to say she was startled when she heard a hissing noice from the bathroom

Saylor was not expecting anyone to be home when she arrived so it was fair to say she was startled when she heard a hissing noice from the bathroom. A glimmer of hope filled her body as the thought of her twin being home entered her head.

When she reached the bathroom the mop of blonde hair made it clear it was not her twin. It was JJ, not the person she was expecting but a happy surprise non the less. "J?" JJ spun around when he heard a familiar voice call his name. He was met with a gasp and a shocked expression. Instantly her soft hands were cradling his face. "What happened?" She breathed out rubbing her fingers gently over his bruises and cuts that littered his face.

"Rafe and Kelce jumped me and Pope" He informed her shaking his head in annoyance with his hands clenched into fists.

Guilt was the first thing the girl felt. She thought she was helping by removing Topper from the situation and deleting the footage but maybe she could have stopped it if she had stayed.

"I'm sorry" she told him sincerely.

"why are you apologising?" He asked her as he placed his hands over hers that were still on his face and brought them to rest in front of them.

"I wasn't there" she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Apologising was something that Saylor had been trained into doing. Her mother blamed her for everything that went wrong and at some point along the line she started to believe it.

"I'm glad you weren't there, it would kill me to see you hurt." He squeezed her hands. It was obvious to him she still felt guilty so he used one of his hands to pull her face up to look at him with her chin. "It's not your fault." He spoke sternly looking her dead in the eye. The air was thick and atmosphere tense.

His eyes flickered down to her lips and hers did the same. Both of them started moving their faces towards each other as if magnets were pulling them together.

There lips pressed gently against each other and fit perfectly together as if they were moulded for one another. The kiss lasted around 5 seconds before Saylor pulled back.

Both teens felt as though that was the best few seconds of their lives. All of the feelings they hid from each other for so long had made them selves known in a singular kiss.

"I have wanted to do that since we were 8" he chuckled looking down at his hands.

"J." Her voice came out shaky causing him to look up at her. "We- we can't" she panicked.

JJ felt his heart drop to his arse. "What do you mean we can't? You told me you had feelings for me the other day?" He asked confused and hurt.

"I do"

"Then what's the problem here?!" He exclaimed waving his hands around. Saylor began walking out of the bathroom with JJ hot on her heels. "Were you lying?!"

"No! It would be so much easier if I was!" She defended herself. " I can't be with you JJ"

"And why not? Because of the stupid rule? Because of John B?" He quizzed listing all the reasons he could think of.

"Because I don't want to hurt you!" She yelled. With the gold out of the picture there no chance of her running away, or her being free of her marriage to Rafe. She couldn't be with him because she was given to another but not by choice. Not to mention the fact Rafe caved Popes head in for just holding her hand so what would he do if he found out she had feelings for her childhood best friend.

"Tell me that that kiss wasn't the best kiss of your life. That you didn't feel the things I felt!" He argued. Taking her silence as an answer he continued. "Exactly! You can't. Something is stopping you and I'm going to find out what!" He declared. " I will see you tomorrow" JJ huffed before walking out the house slamming the door behind him.

"Shit" Saylor groaned as she kicked a can across the floor. Her and JJ kissed. She had dreamed of that kiss for as long as she can remember.

It was perfect.

He was perfect.

Saylor on the other hand was riddled with secrets. She felt as though she didn't deserve JJ Maybank.

For JJ Maybank deserved the world and the world was something she could never give. She failed to realise that to the boy... she was his world.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ