𝟎𝟖𝟓: 𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧.

They had spent the night at the wreck deciding it was the safest place for them to hide out and it also meant they were able to get some supplies for John B

Pope didn't speak a word to anyone the entire night and slept as far from the group he could possibly get.

Saylor knew something was seriously bothering him, he never shut her out. They told each other everything, but she didn't want to push him into talking.

Waking up with a groan JJ smiled running his hand through the brunette locks of the girl laid on his chest. Surprisingly she had slept well despite everything happening.

He placed a loving kiss on her forehead causing her eyes to flutter open. When she was met with his blue eyes she smiled brightly and used her hand to pull him down for another kiss. For a moment everything was perfect, Rafe hadn't killed the sheriff, John B wasn't on the run... it was just them.

It didn't last long though as they pulled apart hearing sirens when a police car sped past the restaurant.

They made their way over to where Pope was stood watching out the window his face expressionless.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ sighed running a stressful hand through his untamed hair.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." This was the first time Pope had spoken and Saylor was grateful he had.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Saylor jumped slightly not realising that Kie was now awake.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope pushed his way out of the restaurant and walked to JJs dirt bike.

The 3 others looked at each other confused and slightly concerned at how he was acting. Pope was always the most gentle of them all but here he was slamming doors and yelling.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." He swung his leg over the bike as Kie tried to talk to him.

"I'm going with him" Saylor announced as she pulled her boy to the side.

"What?! No way. We should stick together" The blonde argued feeling uneasy at the thought of being separated.

"Look, something clearly happened between them last night" she pointed towards the 2 others which were screaming at each other. "I need to be there for him like he always is for me" JJs eyes softened and it was obvious he was coming round to the idea. "Besides it's probably best to travel in 2s at the moment anyway"

"Ok, just... just stick together and don't do anything stupid" JJ nodded pulling her into a hug.

She hugged him back closing her eyes and enjoying the short moment they shared together. "I'll be back before you know it" she spoke calmly moving away.

Pope began riving the engine signally he was leaving but Saylor stopped him before he could drive off.

"Wait! I'm coming with you" Pope nodded pulling the helmet of his head and placing it on his best friend. They only had one and he would be dammed if he didn't let her have it.

She wrapped her hands around his waist tightly and confirmed the plans with Kie and JJ before taking off.

Once they arrived at Heywards they were both quick to hop off the bike. Pope was a man on a mission and wanted to get everything as fast as possible but Saylor knew if she didn't talk to him now she wouldn't get the chance.

Grabbing his hand before he could get further away she turned him to face her. "What happened last night?" She asked gently.

Pope sighed and his eyes glossed over. He wanted to tell her the second it had happened but also didn't want to burden her with his problems as she already had so many of her own. Little did he know she was stressing more because he hid it from her, she felt useless.

"I told Kie I love her" his tears threatened to spill over. "She said it's not going to happen"

Saylor wrapped her arms around his neck without second thought and he responded at the same pace burying his head in her neck.

"What's wrong with me" he mumbled.

The Routledge cringed at those words. Pope was perfect, she couldn't flaw him in any way and it hurt that he didn't see himself the way she did. She pulled away and grabbed his face between her hands.

"You listen to me Pope Heyward and you listen good. You are single handily the best person in my life. Absolutely nothing is wrong with you, you are smart, kind hearted, loyal, compassionate, hilarious and every other positive word in the dictionary. Your also one sexy motherfucker." Pope nudged her letting out a chuckle at the last part making her laugh to. "But in all seriousness, if Kie can't see how amazing you are. That's her loss. And the second you forget that, I'm here to remind you"

"Thank you" He whispered placing his forehead against hers.

"Your my person" she reminded him softly.

"My person" Pope breathed.

In this moment Pope realised just how lost he would be without the girl. Without her, he would lose his way.

He would simply, lose himself.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ