𝟎𝟒𝟖: 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞.

The 4 Pogues were gathered in the Heyward shop whilst Pope did a few jobs for his dad

The 4 Pogues were gathered in the Heyward shop whilst Pope did a few jobs for his dad. It was obvious to the other 2 that something had happened between the Maybank boy and Routledge girl due to the awkward glances and the fact they hadn't spoken a word to one another but no one had bought it up."What was your thought process, using your head?" JJ asked Pope who was stood behind the cash register.

"I don't know, man. I just kind of acted off instinct. I was a cornered animal." He shrugged.

"Hey, Pope, someone's here to see you." Heyward announced walking through the building.

The police radio was heard before Shoupe could be seen which made everyone's heart race increase rapidly.

"Evening, Officer." Pope greeted trying to remain calm.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoupe declared stalking towards Pope like an animal would it's prey.

This made no sense. Saylor made sure there was no evince. She watched as Topper deleted the footage so how could this be happening.

"What?!" Heyward exclaimed bewildered.

"Hands where I can see 'em." He instructed but Saylor stood in front of him.

"Young lady, out of my way." He walked straight past her.

"Whoa. Shoupe, what'd he do?" Heyward questioned confused.

"Look at the warrant."

"You're arresting him?!" His eyes bulged so far from his head Saylor was scared they were going to fall out.  "You're just arresting my boy?"

"Be careful!" Kie yelled at the officer after seeing him pull at the boy harder than necessary.

"Shoupe, are you listening?" Heyward huffed desperately.

"What you say can and will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney."  Shoupe started reading Pope his rights as he walked Pope in cuffs towards the police car. Everything was white noise to Saylor. All she knew is she couldn't let her best friend loose his scholarship.

"It wasn't him! It was me!" JJ yelled catching everyone's attention. "He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit." He explained. "I can't let you take the blame for somethin' I did. You've got too much to lose." Saylor was amazed but not surprised by JJs act of freindship. But she sure as hell wasn't going to let JJ go down alone.

"I helped too!" Saylor stepped forward all eyes now on her. JJs eyes begging her to shut up. "I was so angry at them for hurting Pope I lashed out."

"JJ, S what are you doing?" Pope asked them wide eyed.

"We're tellin' the truth." Saylor nodded

"He's a good kid. You know where I'm from." JJ spoke solely to Shoupe.

"Yeah." The officer sighed.

"And you know my history" She announced referring to him constantly on her ass about the drug dealing.

He groaned at the reminder before turning to Pope for clarification. "That's the whole truth?"

"Whole truth, swear to God." The blonde replied.

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm asking Pope."

After receiving nods from the pair he reluctantly went along. "Yeah, that about covers it."

Popes handcuffs were removed and placed tightly on JJs wrists. Before he could put a pair  of them on Saylor she moved towards the car. "No need. I know the drill" she smiled sarcastically before letting herself in the passenger seat on the car.

"That girl" Shoupe groaned under his breath causing JJ to smile as he was pushed into the back seat.

"Why did you do that? I have it under control?" He whisper yelled to Saylor.

"Your not going down alone J" she whispered back using her free hands to grab onto his cuffed ones.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ