Diver down

After the kegger I was beyond pissed at Sarah. I chose to just spend the night at John Bs because I couldn't deal sitting in a car with Sarah. Let alone Sarah and Topper.

Jj, Kie, and Pope had gone home and it was just me and John B and the château. After I had cleaned up his cuts and bruises we had gone to bed. Him in his room and me on the pull out couch in the living room.

I wake up to sheriff Peterkin knocking on the door. We'll more of a banging but tomato tomato. I stumble off the old pull out and make my way to the door. Rubbing my eye as I open the door.

"Honey looks like your on the wrong side of the island," she says looking me up and down at my now wrinkled clothes, and messy appearance.

"Yeah well my dads a dick who only cares about a thousand year old gold hunt so who's to blame," I say letting her in.

"Has John B been around, seeing your in his house," she says looking around the trashed château.

"Uh yeah, down the hall third door on the right," I say point to the hallway.

"Thanks sugar," she says walking away, opening John B's door  saying "get decent sweetie. We need to talk," I take this as my cue to leave smacking the wall as I run out of the château.

«•••»

All five of us once again are gathered at the château. Me and Kie sit together, my legs in her lap. Kie plays the bongos while I play with the baby hairs that have fallen out of my bun. Jj throws rocks into the distance. John B and Pope seem to be in deep thought.

John B decides to break the uncomfortable silence "I'm calling it off," he says.

"Calling what off," I ask talking my legs from Kies lap, sitting up right.

"Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh she'll help me with DCS," the brunet says.

"Okay sounds like a solid plan,"I say. It's not like the boat and the whole investigation wasn't intriguing because it was. I wanted to find out what the fuck is going on but none of us could afford it. Before i can say anything, Jj interrupts my thoughts.

"And you believed her," the blond says.

"Yes Jj I believed her," John B replies. "all I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days and she'll help me out, dosent help that you were going around shooting a gun,"

"Woah, woah, woah, before you go blaming him A, if he didn't we would be in an entirely different situation and B, I'm the one who told him to use the gun," I say throwing my hands into the air.

"Oh my god," Pope breaths under his breath.

"Wait- what," John B turns his attention to me "I don't know who has worse ideas,"

"Bro I panicked, Topper was literally drowning you," I say leaning back into the couch.

"Yeah, cause Topper was gonna drown me," the brunet replies.

"You know what I should have done, I should've let Topper drown your ass," Jj says interrupting us.

"He wasn't drowning me!" John B throws his hands into the air.

"Yeah he sure was drowning you when you literally passed out from lack of oxygen and all of us had to drag your ass all the way back here," I say crossing my arms over my chest. This made him go silent.