THIRTY TWO

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
BRUISES
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"What the hell?" Pope questioned as the generator started wiring.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie questioned as the three of them walked to where the noise was coming from.

JJ popped open another bottle of champagne and pulled down his sunglasses slightly. "What did you do, JJ?" Pope questioned with wide eyes.

Atlanta looked around and took her time to notice everything. A hot tub, lights, champagne, a generator. How much would something like all this cost? She knew for a fact that it wouldn't be cheap.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now." JJ laughed, slurring slightly. "Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?" JJ poured three glasses of champagne. Atlanta's eyes widened, this wasn't like JJ, something was wrong. "Salud!" He said as took a huge swig out of the bottle.

"How much did this cost?" Pope questioned as he looked around at the set up JJ had.

"Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery, pretty much all of it. Yeah." JJ said pointing to everything.

"All of it?" Popes eyes widened. $25k gone in one day.

Atlanta nodded, it almost confirmed her thoughts. JJ wasn't okay and the last thing that he needed right now was to be judged or for his best friends-his family-to he angry with him.

"Yeah all of it." JJ confirmed.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope questioned angrily.

"Yeah burned a hole right through my pocket." JJ shrugged as if it was nothing. "But I mean like, come on guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me." JJ motioned to the hot tub.

"Kie. What?" JJ snapped as Kie looked at him in disgust. "Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" JJ questioned and looked over to Atlanta. "Hey princess, come on get in."

Atlanta felt like she couldn't move, something was wrong and she couldn't figure it out. She wanted to know what made him waste all the money. It wasn't as if he was rolling deep in cash.

"Come on all this scrimping and scraping." JJ pulled off his glasses and his eyes filled with tears. "I mean, like, guys we-you only live one right?" JJ tilted his head. "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on." JJ motioned for them to join.

"In the what?" Kie questioned.

"In the Cat's Ass." JJ stifled a laugh. "That's what I named her." He paused and leant over to the other side or the hot tub. "Oh hey, yo, I almost forgot. Huh? Yeah that's right. I know. Disco mode. That's right baby." He clicked a button and a disco ball came on with small water fountains coming out of the side of the hot tub.

"Are you kidding me? You could have paid for restitution!" Pope shouted.

Atlanta bit her bottom lip anxiously. She wanted to know what was making JJ act out like this. She knew that he was reckless and impulsive but not like this. This was a whole new level.

"Or literally given it to any charity." Kie spat.

"Guys, I don't think he's-" Atlanta was cut off by Pope shouting again.

"You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well." Pope shouted, JJ rubbed his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Okay well you know what? I didn't do that." JJ said standing up.

Atlanta cupped her mouth and stumbled back in shock. His chest was covered his bruises. It wasn't the first time she had seen JJ with a bruise or two. But it was more that. She couldn't look anywhere but the bruises. She was in complete shock. Pope had to grab Atlanta's shoulders to steady her.

"I got a hot tub!" JJ Paused and is eyes scanned everyone. "For my friends. I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends." JJ said getting choked up. Atlanta couldn't help but let a few tears fall. "I got a hot tub for my family!"

"JJ. What the hell?" Kie questioned.

"I got this for you. Guys, look what I did for you! Alright?" JJ span around revealing more bruises on his back. "Look at this. Look at this." JJ motioned to everything.

"JJ." Atlanta managed to mutter. She was in a state of shock.

"No, you stop being emotional." JJ shouted making Atlanta flinch. "It's fine, okay?" JJ attempted to smile but it quickly faltered. "I mean it's sweet right? Everything-" JJ was cut off by Kie hugging him. "No! I want my Attie." JJ said pulling away from Kie.

Atlanta quickly got in the hot tub and wrapped her arms around him. JJ instantly broke down, he wrapped his arms around the small girls waist. He buried his head into the crook of her neck.

"I just couldn't do it. I can't take him anymore!" Atlanta ran her fingers through the boys hair and pulled him closer to her. "I was gonna kill him." Pope and Kie both wrapped their arms around JJ, in attempts to comfort him. "I just wanna do the right thing."

"I know." Atlanta whispered, her voice cracking and tears rolling down her cheeks. "I know."

Atlanta had comforted JJ since they got out of the hot tub. She had him take a shower and she even helped him clean off the blood. JJ had told Atlanta that he didn't want to leave her side all night. So, she didn't.

JJ laid on the bed in just his shorts, Atlanta couldn't take her eyes off the bruises as she pulled on his shirt, she hated seeing him like this. He didn't deserve any of this pain.

"It's okay princess." JJ whispered, touching the bruises and wincing slightly. "They don't even hurt anymore."

"I never want you to be hurt like this again." Atlanta muttered, with a small sympathetic smile. She rested her head against his momentarily.

"No promises." JJ whispered, his eyes scanning her body.

She looked so defeated and broken. JJ could tell that she blamed herself for actions that she couldn't have stopped, that's just the kind of person she was. But Atlanta tried to put on a brave face and smile so she could be there for JJ as much as possible.

Atlanta straddled his lap and placed a light kiss on his cheek, which had the smallest cut. She made her way down to his lip. JJ smiled at what she was doing. He didn't want to tell her that her kisses couldn't heal everything, but he liked that she cared.

"Atlanta-" Atlanta looked up at JJ and attempted to smile. JJ smiled back at her and she continued to kiss the bruises on his chest.

JJ winced slightly, making Atlanta mutter "Sorry."

JJ grabbed her waist and pinned her down on the bed. JJ hovered over her with a smirk. He moved her hair out of the way and began to kiss down her neck, making Atlanta moan. He quickly pulled off her top, leaving her in her underwear.

Fuck.

Her fingers threaded through the blondes hair as he left a trail of hickey's down her body.

Atlanta pulled JJ back up and connected their lips. It was rushed and heated, JJ's hands roamed her body as their lips moulded together.

"Fuck." JJ mumbled against her lips.