FORTY

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
HOME
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta woke with a crick in her neck from sleeping on The Wrecks table all night. Admittedly she had slept on JJ's chest most of the night but it wasn't quiet as comfortable as her bed.

She stood beside JJ at the door, he had his arms wrapped around Atlanta's shoulders and he placed light kisses on her neck.

"He's pinched for sure man." JJ announced as Pope walked up to the pair. Atlanta knew that wasn't the case, if her dad had John B, they wouldn't still be out there.

Pope took a quick glance outside before saying, "No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope." JJ muttered.

"He's right." Atlanta said, tilting her head back to look at JJ.

JJ couldn't help but smile at the beautiful girl. He was so lucky to call her his. She made him unbelievably happy. He wanted this forever.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too." Kie shrugged as she sat up from the table. Atlanta watched as Pope rolled his eyes at the girl. She wondered what had happened with the pair.

"Well if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope said standing up tall and going into JJ's bag and grabbing his keys

"So, find him before they do?" JJ questioned, only to be ignored by Pope. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope finally answered.

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kie smiled towards the boy who was clearly mad at her.

Atlanta looked up to JJ but he shook his head as to say he had no clue as to what was going on either. The brunette furrowed her brows, wanting to know what was making two act off with one another.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope turned to face JJ before waking out, Kie quickly followed the boy.

Atlanta grabbed JJ's hand and pulled him outside with her. She wanted to know what was going on. Every time Kie attempted to apologise to the boy, he revved the engine and made a snarky comment and eventually drove away.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ questioned, looking up to the SBI helicopter flying over their heads.

"SBI." Atlanta answered. Her dad had talked about them before, but they had never actually had to deal with them.

Now inside the kitchen of the wreck, the trio were packing a bunch of supplies for John B and Sarah until they got somewhere safe.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ questioned curiously as he packed a few supplies into a box.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation. Is that gonna be enough food for them?" Kie responded as she hand JJ a loaf of bread.

"I mean, it's only for a couple of weeks and that's all they need, so-" JJ shrugged, placing a quick light kiss on Atlanta's temple.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings." Kie admitted guiltily.

"You think?" Atlanta questioned, cocking up her brow.

Atlanta liked Pope, she enjoyed his company much more than she did Kie's. Kie was always acting off and bitchy towards her for no reason. But Pope always tried to make her feel happy and included.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde." JJ said as he carried a box of food out of The Wreck and towards the car.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him." Kie spoke softly.

"Pope hasn't changed, you have." Atlanta muttered, rolling her eyes.

The girl didn't response, Atlanta assumed that Kie didn't hear what she said, or she choose not to listen, Atlanta couldn't tell.

"Where you been?" Miss Anna, who was Kie's mother questioned angrily.

"Uh, I'm fine. I slept here." Kie narrowed her eyes and looked at Anna, pointing back to the wreck.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. We're you even gonna tell us?!" Anna shouted angrily.

Atlanta could understand where Kie's mother was coming from. She was worried about her child, unfortunately the same couldn't be said for her father.

"Well I'm telling you right now." Kie said as she motioned towards Atlanta and JJ, in hope that her mom wouldn't embarrass her further.

"Alright what the hell are you three up to? Does your father know about this?" Anna looked towards Atlanta, who grabbed JJ's hand.

"I'm sorry Miss Anna, we gotta go." JJ said pulling Atlanta behind him slightly.

JJ and Atlanta both got into the car while Kie argued with her mom about whether it was safe or not for her to help John B.

"Mom, John B needs me." Kie shouted as she started up the engine. JJ gave Atlanta's hand a light squeeze.

"You need to stay here." Anna ordered her daughter, who simply ignored her.

"I understand and I'll be careful. I'm sorry." Kie let out a small sob as she drove away from her mom.

The drive to JJ's home was silent, JJ kept tracing patterns on Atlanta's soft skin and Atlanta kept kissing his cheek and running her fingers through his hair in hopes to sooth him.

"Home sweet home." JJ muttered, clenching his jaw, hoping that it would stop the tears from falling.

"Do you want me to come?" Atlanta questioned grabbing his hand and running her thumb over his knuckles. She could see how panicked he was. "Cause I'm here if you need me."

"No, this will only take a second." JJ said plastering a fake smile on his face, in order to fool his girlfriend. He placed a light kiss on her cheek and got out of the car.

Atlanta watched JJ walk into the house, he hadn't been home since the night of the hot tub. Truthfully, that made Atlanta anxious.

"I'm sorry." Kie muttered, looking at Atlanta through the rear view mirror.

"Huh?" Atlanta furrowed has brows in confusion. She had no idea what Kie was apologising for.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch towards you. It's just, I lost my best friend and I guess when I saw how close you guys were all the time, I got mad. So I'm sorry." Kie apologised.

"It's okay." Atlanta smiled. Forgive but never forget, when she was a little girl, her mom used to tell her and Barnaby that, it was something she lived by.

Kie started the engine once JJ walked out of his house and got into the back of his car. He instantly grabbed Atlanta's hand.

"How'd it go?" Kie questioned, taking a quick glance at the shook up boy. JJ didn't say anything, he just held up the keys for The Phantom.