Prologue

TWELVE MONTHS EARLIER 

Jade had no guardian or family around. Her grandmother died from natural causes a month earlier and her relatives in another state could not be reached. 

The only family she had around were the Pogues who had been her friends since they were all kids, She was the girl who hung out with the boys before Kiara replaced her.

TEN MONTHS EARLIER

The night before school started, Jade got a call from her social worker that would turn her life around. She was going to be staying with one of the richest families in the Outer Banks for a while and went from living in the Cut to Figure Eight overnight. The Kooks surprisingly welcomed her and she got along with everyone pretty well. Including the Camerons and the Thorntons. 

Kiara had her falling out with Sarah and had just met the Pogues and became friends with them, after Jade stopped talking to them.

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

She became super close friends with Sarah Cameron- her best friend at this point. Sarah officially "replaced" Kiara with Jade. 

THREE MONTHS EARLIER

After a successful seven months with her new family, the Lockes, she was adopted by them. They were powerful lawyers who worked at one of the top firms in the country.

ONE MONTH EARLIER

Jade and Rafe Cameron started officially dating after a few months of flirting.

PRESENT DAY

It was the start of summer, and it was her first summer without the Pogues. Not like she forgot about them, she would always see them around the boneyard anyways. But they looked like they were better off without her- at least that's what she thought.