Chapter 17

MIDSUMMERS PT III

"Wow." Jade scoffs. She was clearly hurt.

"Shit, I-" Rafe starts.

"You know maybe you should just date Kiara then." Jade says, turning around to leave. She was hurt, it was like she wasn't even in the room.

"C'mon you know I didn't mean that." Rafe says.

"No, I don't actually." Jade says.

"C'mon don't be like that." Rafe says.

"Those other girls might be your bitch, but I'm not." Jade says, turning around to leave.

"Just let her go." Topper says, putting a hand on Rafe's back.

"Girls are confusing." Topper adds.

"I got you." Kelce says to Rafe, going after Jade.

"Jade!" Kelce calls, running after her.

"Look if you're gonna defend your boy I don't wanna hear it." Jade says.

"I'm not." Kelce says.

"I know I'm breaking bro code but, before you came around, Kie hung out with Sarah." Kelce adds.

"Okay, and?" Jade asks, not knowing why it was important.

"He had a thing with Kie." Kelce says.

"Wonderful!" Jade says, sarcastically, but her voice cracked.

"Oh shit.. I made it worse." Kelce says.

"I'm fine. People just disappoint me." Jade says, trying to control her expression.

JJ

"Look- Look man, I can walk myself. I got legs. Can you see that brother?" JJ asks the security guard who was pushing hi,

"Come on." The security guard says.

"Alright I really appreciate what you did back there, but let me just walk out by myself." JJ says, making a scene. Kiara had turned around to see what all the commotion was.

"Mr. Dunelevy, I see you got your drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually just gonna down that." JJ says, before grabbing the drink and downing it.

" JJ says, before grabbing the drink and downing it

"What the hell's the matter with him?" Mr. Dunelevy asks the security guard.

"Sorry sir." The guard answers.

"Whoo!" JJ says, the liquor burned the back of his throat, but he liked it.

"I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know?" JJ says sarcastically, he was in the middle of the crowd and everyone's eyes were on him.

"It's okay everybody! Do not panic! Leave it to the men and women in uniform huh? Let's hear it for them!" JJ yells out loud, clapping. He got stares from everyone.