Chapter 20

THE WRECK

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kiara asks.

"Tannyhill." John B says.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie says, grabbing a bunch of drinks and bringing them to the pogues on a tray.

"Okay, look the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out. Alright? And it's way better than Foster care, which by the way was where I was about to go if Ward didn't— " John B says, getting cut off.

"Okay so like do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asks.

"I don't know, Pope." John B says.

"What about those little golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ adds in. Taking a sip of soda.

"Does it come with a sweater vest or do you have to buy one of your own?" Pope teases.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie says.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ says to John B.

"Look if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know right now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kiara says.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right okay. A little focus would be fantastic." John B says.

"We've got the map, right?" John B asks.

"It's kinda of wack cause they guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ says.

"It's cause the coast has changed, climate change

"It's cause the coast has changed, climate change." Kie corrects.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope concludes.

"What about the old forts?" John B asks.

"Battery Jasper." Kie says, pointing to the map.

"Let's roll." Pope says.

THE LOCKE RESIDENCE

"Wanna go watch a movie at my house? The projector came in." Sarah asks, walking inside Jade's room.  Kelce had let Sarah in downstairs.

"No! Rafe's your brother, remember?" Jade says, rolling over so that she wasn't facing Sarah.

"You haven't left your room for the past 2 days," Sarah says.

"So?" Jade says.

"So we should go do something! Get your mind off of things." Sarah says.

"Just let me suffer in peace." Jade groans.

"You're not the first girl whose heart he broke. It's a Rafe thing.. you didn't do anything wrong." Sarah mentions.

"You're not helping," Jade says.