20 | soulmates

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 20:

SOULMATES

"He makes me so happy

"He makes me so happy."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

NIGHT HAS FALLEN over the island, enveloping it in darkness. The moon and stars are both reflecting off of the deep blue water, shimmering upon its surface. Many hours have passed since the horrifying event that the six teenagers had unfortunately witnessed. A comfortable silence is constantly hanging in the air around the group of friends, soaking in one anothers presence. It's been a traumatic day for them all and they understand that they need time to recover. Not only that, but John B and Sarah have broken up too.

Upon the HMS Pogue, which is still docked and tied off, three teenagers are laying down side by side and allowing their bodies to gently rock from the waves of the water. Delilah is staring up at the night sky as she feels herself becoming mesmerised by the beauty that mother nature has to hold — this is something that she always finds herself doing. The two boys are speaking to one another beside where the redhead is laying, John B just trying to understand why Sarah has broken up with him.

"I don't get it." John B mumbles.

"Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain." Pope states.

"You just need to find the right person." Delilah tells them. "Every couple has their ups and downs, but it's just about whether you're able to work through it and come out stronger."

"Red, do you think that Sarah and I will work things out then?" John B asks.

"100%." Delilah informs. "You two clearly love each other. But I think it's because she's going through a lot right now, so just give her time to heal."

John B smiles. "Thank you. You always give me good relationship advice."

"Anytime." Delilah replies before turning to face the boy next to him. "So what's going on with you and Kie then?"

"Oh, uh..." Pope begins as he sits up, a sigh slipping past his lips. "She just wants to be friends."

"Death blow." John B comments, patting the boy on the shoulder. "I'm sorry, man."

"I just didn't see it coming." Pope states.

"It's okay, don't think too much about it." Delilah tells him. "I know it hurts to be in a friendzone, but I think that you'll find another girl that you will fall for and she'll like you back."

"Thank you." Pope replies with a smile. "I honestly don't know how you and JJ do this relationship shit. You guys are so strong together, but I'm glad you're both happy. You guys deserve it."