7 | tactical convincing

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 7:

TACTICAL CONVINCING

"You can't just say that word and not expect us to think that!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A FERRY IS a boat that can transport both people and vehicles from one place to another, crossing vast bodies of water. Most ferries have restaurants and bars onboard so that the passengers can be satisfied during their long journey. This then allows everyone to speak to other people and make friends along the way, whether it's for that specific journey or whether the friendship grows beyond the ferry. Nevertheless, the majority of passengers will enjoy their relaxing time on the ferry.

Currently, Delilah finds herself onboard a ferry, with her friends — excluding John B, since he's elsewhere with his father — by her side. The redhead sits on a chair behind a circular table with the group. A few of the teenagers, however, remain standing due to the lack of seats, but not one of them seem to mind; JJ stands slightly to the left of Delilah, a hand resting on the back of her chair as he leans against it. His arm constantly brushes against hers, but neither of them moves away from the touch.

"The hardest part is going to be security. Most of the guys are gonna be at the rail yard." JJ informs.

"Right. So we'll need to find some place and guard it, maybe a little further down the line." Pope suggests.

"So we just need to get to the rail yard and search for this cargo number" Delilah says, summarising the plan to make sure that it's correct. "Then we leave with the cross?"

"Yeah." Pope confirms with a small nod.

"You guys are getting ahead of yourselves per usual." Cleo tells them. "We don't have a way to transport the cross once we have it. What you think? On JJ's motorcycle?"

"That's not my fault." JJ quickly argues, feeling the need to defend himself.

"No one said it's your fault, J." Delilah softly assures.

"Oh, shit!" Sarah suddenly blurts out, trying to hide her face. "Oh my god! No way."

"What?" Kie questions as her brows knit together, concerned for the blonde. "What's wrong?"

"Topper's here." Sarah quickly replies. "Don't make it obvious, but he's stood at the bar."

Completely ignoring the fact that she shouldn't make it obvious, Delilah, not so subtly, snaps her head to look over at the bar, almost giving herself whiplash in the process. Her gaze instantly falls onto Topper, who is standing with a cup of alcohol in his hand as he talks to another passenger on the ferry. However, Delilah's gaze is quickly ripped away when Cleo slaps her in the back of the head for not being subtle.