20 | movie night gone wrong

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 20:

MOVIE NIGHT GONE WRONG

"You guys are Debbie Downers

"You guys are Debbie Downers."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AN OUTDOORS CINEMA is frequently held in an open area beside a small one-story building. Chairs have been laid out in front of the projector so that people are able to sit down with their friends/family, food and drinks prepared on a stand nearby. The group of friends, who previously went treasure hunting, are visiting that specific area as they look for something to make them feel relaxed with everything going on. Though, Kiara's come prepared with her own bag of snacks so that neither of them can complain about not having something they would like to eat.

However, John B hasn't joined the four because he's actually nowhere to be seen right now. It's like he disappeared off the face of the earth without saying a single word to any of his friends. The brunet's house is very empty in this moment of time since none of the cupboards have been stocked up, and everything hasn't been kept as clean as he would like it to be. The power is still down so no one is able to contact him and check whether he's still alive, having to rely on nope and assume that he'll be okay.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to the OBX life." Kie says, turning to her friends. "Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic." Pope replies, sarcasm in his voice.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ tells her as he leans back in his seat.

"I'm glad, Kie." Delilah assures with a smile. "Helps me get my mind off of things, you know? Like how much of a disappointment I am, or how we didn't find the gold. Oh, and where the hell is JB? And how I still want to beat certain people up—"

"You guys are Debbie Downers." Kie comments, interrupting the girl before she can continue.

"I'm kidding, Kie." Delilah informs with a laugh, knowing she was just joking. "I'm actually glad."

"We're out of the green zone." Pope whispers to the blond. "We're in the middle of Kooklandia. And this is the last place I wanted to be."

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ reminds, adding a Spanish word to his sentence.

"Hey, Lila." Kie says, grabbing her attention. "Come get pepsi with me?"

"Yeah, sure." Delilah agrees.

Both of the girls set their belongings down onto the chairs that they are seated on before rising to their feet. They try to ensure that they won't step on other people as they make their way towards where the food stand is set up. Kie is the one out of the two to talk to the individual behind the desk and order the drinks for them all, also being the one to pay for it. The cold cans are then passed over to Delilah to hold for the time being.