34 | wanted posters

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 34:

WANTED POSTERS

"Fuck off, you drowned looking rat!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE TEENAGERS ARE hiding inside of an abandoned makeshift garage, one that nature has claimed as its own and made to appear as camouflaged within the woods. They've been stuck in the same spot for the entire night, unable to move in case they get caught and pulled into the station. The radio is switched on and has been constantly playing in the background to keep them all up to date with what's currently happening on the small island.

Since hours have now passed by since the incident with Ward and Rafe, Delilah has finally managed to calm down and keep herself from having another breakdown. She can be seen curled up in JJ's arms as she sleeps, him looking down at her with his blue eyes so full of love. The blond boy moves strands of ginger hair that had fallen in front of the girls face, pausing it behind her ear. Then, he leans down and gently presses his lips against her temple.

JJ notices how peaceful Delilah looks in this sleeping state — despite the cuts and bruises still on her face. It's obvious to them all that she's dreaming about something good because a small smile rests upon her face, even though she was a crying mess just last night. Whatever it is, JJ is just glad that it's taking her mind off of everything that's currently going on. Their friends can see how much the couple care for another, especially with how different the boy acts towards the girl — he's much softer and affectionate.

Sirens wail loudly as multiple police cars drive past the hiding spot that they're in, continuing further down the long narrow roads. Each one of them are in search for John B due to the fact that the young boy had been accused of Peterkin's murder. Both of the Cameron males had told a lie to the police officers, which has been believed due to the fact that they're Kooks from a much higher power.

However, since the sirens are such loud and sudden noises, Delilah's green eyes snap open as she awakes from her slumber. A sharp inhale can be heard as the air enters her lungs with speed, heart pounding. Her body shoots up into sitting position where she spots the cars driving by. JJ just wraps his arms around her again and pulls her back against his body.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." JJ whispers.

"I need some weed to help calm me down." Delilah mumbles.

As JJ fumbles around through his pockets, the girl lets out a brief yawn as she rubs her eyes in order to feel more awake. A joint and a lighter is passed over to Delilah, which she swiftly takes from out of his hands. The windows of the car are rolled down ever so slightly to allow fresh air into the car so that the smoke can leave the vehicle.