36 | the phantom

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 36:

THE PHANTOM

"Stay off the Cut

"Stay off the Cut."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER DEALING WITH their parents for the majority of today, the teenagers finally manage to arrive at the destination that they've been wanting to get to. JJ unlocks the door to the garage before pulling it open with a slight grunt slipping past his lips due to how heavy it is. The Phantom can be seen sitting there upon a trailer, a cover resting over the top off the bow to prevent dust — JJ just pulls this off.

"There she is. Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." JJ states with a wide smile. "The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, girls. Forty years old! Forty. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker." Kie mutters.

"Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." JJ informs.

The boy sounds slightly offended that his friend even thought that way about the face boat, especially after witnessing his pride towards it. Delilah ignores this and walks forwards where he fingers run along the smooth white material. She stops and glances over at JJ with a small smile of her own.

"It looks nice." Delilah says.

"Lets just put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?" JJ tells the both of them.

"Does it still run?" Delilah asks.

"Oh, she'll run alright." JJ replies. "She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got."

A motorbikes engine fills the air as it approaches the garage that they all stand in, echoing loudly through the unfurnished room. Kiara instantly makes her way towards the entrance as she assumes the person to be Pope, wanting to have a conversation with him. However, the brunette stops what she's doing and starts to take slow steps backwards at the sight of someone unexpected in front of her.

"Hey, there. What's going on?" Rafe greets, glancing between them. "JJ? Delilah? How you guys doing?"

A whistle comes from behind, still proceeding to echo around the room. Delilah spins around on her heel to look towards the noise where she finds Barry walking out from around the corner. He lightly slaps their black car with the palm of his hand. At the sight of Delilah, a loaded gun is pointed at her head.

"Well, well." Barry says with a smirk. "Don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. Your momma told me how she beat the shit outta you. Can see it too."