28 | round two of pope's driving

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 28:

ROUND TWO OF POPE'S DRIVING

"One word; totaled."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A PEDIATRIC DOSE of epinephrine that is ten times the normal dose was not something to give a teenage boy that already earns so much adrenaline on the daily. While the injection had done its job and helped treat the allergic reaction, it also had Pope bouncing off of the walls with energy buzzing through his veins. His heart is thudding against his ribcage as it practically pleas to be released into the wild, wanting to run free through what mother nature has to offer.

Currently, Pope is the person that's driving the truck after the whole agreed to drop the campervan off at the Château. But the problem with having the boy as the driver is that the pedal is being slammed down to send the vehicle speeding down the quiet roads, each turn around the corner being sharp and sudden. The five other teenagers are seated inside of the car with Pope, starting to feel panicked and concerned about allow their friend go ahead and drive while it's night. However, because there's six people overall, Delilah is having to sit upon JJ's lap as his arms are wrapped around her waist tightly to make sure that she can't slip away, keeping the girl grounded.

"Pope, you're driving pretty fast." Sarah states.

"I'm the last to judge, but I think you should slow down a little." JJ adds.

"That would definitely delay our arrival to the cross. We gotta get there." Pope tells them.

"Okay, but you don't have to drive so fast." Delilah informs. "I'm not looking to go flying through this windscreen."

"I've got you." JJ assures.

"I know that, but who's to say that you won't do the same? What if you fly through the windscreen as well?" Delilah questions.

"To be fair, Red's got a good point." John B agrees.

JJ leans forwards slightly to glance past Sarah and at John B, having to still be careful since the redhead is sitting on his lap. A scowl has crossed over the boys face as he stares over at the brunet, almost seeming disappointed that he agreed with Delilah instead of backing him up. John B just playfully lifts his hands up in defence to show that he's not going to argue.

"Why did we even let Pope drive?" Kie asks.

"Because I said I'd rip your ears off." Pope replies.