Ch 6: Golf

I put on a golf skirt looking in the mirror. I grabbed the golf shirt that still had the tag on it on my bed tearing the tag off. I pulled it on walking back to the mirror. Quickly I tried brushing my curls down before putting my hair half up half down. I ran down the stairs almost falling. I started cooking scrambled eggs putting it on a plate. I hurriedly ate my breakfast.

"Any fun plans?" My father asked sitting across from me.

"Golfing with Top and Rafe" I said sipping orange juice.

"Speaking of Rafe, what's going on between you two?" He asked. 

I nearly choked on the liquid. I looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your mom told me about the other night" he said. "It's always been very clear the bond you two have."

"Nothing" I said.

"Nothing?" He asked.

"Nothing" I repeated. "I'll let you know if that changes."

He looked at me not believing a word coming out of my mouth. I grabbed the glass and plate bringing it to the sink rinsing both off. I looked at my phone as someone honked outside. I ran to the window to see Topper and Rafe in the Jeep. I kissed my dad on the cheek before running out. I jumped into the back seat as both Topper and Rafe waved to my dad from the window.

"Sleep good?" Rafe asked.

I smiled looking down remembering the night before.

"Only I can fuck you right?" Rafe asked as he was inside me.

"Only you" I moaned.

"Good baby girl" he whispered into my ear. "Now moan."

"Slept good thanks for asking" I said.

We approached the golf course. Topper and Rafe grabbed their bags from the trunk. Hours passed by as the two began talking.

"That party was insane when I did the line I was like-" Topper quickly stopped talking as Rafe hit his chest.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing Lizzy" Rafe said.

I rolled my eyes as he got ready to hit the ball. The ball went over into another persons game.

"C'mon!" They yelled.

"Shut up geezers!" Rafe yelled. "Woah, woah, woah, look. I don't think he's a member, do you?"

Topper and I turned our heads to see Pope walking alone with bags in his hands.

"It's fine just let him go" Topper said.

"Let's go get your ball" I said.

Rafe continued to look at Pope.

"They put a gun to your head bro" Rafe said.

"It's fine, its fine" Topper said.

Rafe started walking to Pope.

"Rafe! Rafe!" I yelled.

Topper and I were closely behind him.

"What's up man? Hey, how much for one of those beers?" Rafe asked pointing his golf club to the case of beer.

"They're not for sale" Pope said.

"Wait, wait you can just give us one right?" Rafe said.

"Or you can order one like everybody else" Pope said.

He noticed me behind the boys pleading for help.

"You're not listening to me, you got so many bro, and we've got nothing" Rafe said.

"Nothing" Topper said.

I glared at him egging Rafe on.

"They're not even mine they're already paid for" Pope said.

Rafe took his club breaking the handles of the bag.

"What the hell!" Pope yelled. "You owe me for that."

"I don't owe you shit Pogue" Rafe said walking closer to Pope.

"Rafe" I said.

"Just back up Lizzy" he said.

Topper grabbed the case of beer from Pope's hands throwing him to the ground. Pope got up and charged to Rafe but before he could Rafe hit him with his club.

"Rafe!" I yelled.

"Rafe c'mon man" Topper said looking to me.

Rafe smiled throwing the club to the ground near Pope.

"Knock it off Rafe!" Topper yelled.

"Come on lets go!" I yelled.

Rafe kneeled down to Pope.

"Stay off Figure Eight, Pogue" he said spitting in his face.

Topper and I stood over Pope wanting to help.

"Top lets go!" Rafe yelled. "Lizzy c'mon!"

I mouthed a 'sorry' to Pope before running to Rafe and Topper. I pushed Rafe as I catched up to the two boys.

"Are you crazy! He didn't do anything Rafe!" I yelled with tears in my eyes. "I'm walking home."

"Lizzy!" I heard him yell as I walked away.

I walked through the door sweating. I sat on the couch for a moment as my phone began to ring. I looked at my phone seeing a picture of Rafe on my screen. I rolled my eyes answering the call.

"What do you want!" I said.

"Open the door" he said.

I turned around seeing Rafe at the door. I got up hanging up the phone unlocking the door. He walked inside grabbing my face.

"No Rafe! Not after what you just did" I said walking away.

"Look I'm sorry you had to see that" he said.

"You're not sorry for doing it?" I asked.

His face twitched.

"Rafe you can't go around hurting people like that. Pogue or not, it doesn't matter" I said.

"I know, I know. I'm trying to stop but there's just things you wouldn't understand" he said grabbing his head.

I walked over to him wrapping my arms around him. He slowly did the same.

"I know you don't want to hurt people" I said softly.

He set his head on top of mine rubbing circles on my back. I smiled into his body. Moments later we pulled apart.

"Doing something like this is hard for me" he said.

"I know you're entire life you haven't been shown what love is. Let me show you what real love is" I said holding my hand out.

He looked in my eyes then to my hand slowly grabbing it. I walked up the stairs to my room locking the door. I leaned against the door as he sat on the edge of my bed looking at his hands.

"I don't want to be just another girl you fuck" I said.

He looked up from his hands walking to me.

"You'll always be more than anything I deserve. You're so much more than just a girl" he said grabbing the back of my neck. "You're mine."

I stared into his eyes as he continued.

"No girl has the same affect on me as you do" he whispered turning my head.

He began biting at my neck.

"As long as I'm here nobody will ever touch you as I do" he said picking me up.

He gently set me on the bed.

"You are everything to me" he said.

I smiled as he began taking his shirt off.