Ch 27: Misses Cameron

*trigger warning about rape/non-consensual sex*

I looked at the ring on my finger then to the ceiling. I sighed getting out of bed. I took a shower blow drying my hair. I turned my head slightly revealing a hickey on the left side of my neck.

Walking out I quickly changed into a sundress before walking back to the bathroom. I grabbed makeup and began to cover up the hickey. I grabbed my white wedges from the closet putting them on. As I left the room I looked around for Rafe.

I looked around for the keys to the Volvo quickly grabbing them. I grabbed my head as a massive migraine appeared out of nowhere.

"Where you off to?" Rose asked.

"My parents" I said. "You seen Rafe?"

"We had a bit of an argument. He walked off after punching the wall" she said.

I exhaled nodding. I unlocked the car jumping in. Driving to my parents I could feel my heart beat increase. I hadn't seen them since I was released. I took a deep breath before getting out of the vehicle. I slowly walked to the door opening it. I found both my parents at the table.

"Look at what we have here" my father said. "Care to explain yourself?"

"It's complicated" I said.

"Complicated? I never would have expected you to do something like this" my mother said.

"I'm married" I said softly.

"What?" My father said standing up.

"I wanted you both there. It just happened to fast" I said.

"Elizabeth!" My mother said. "How could you not tell us!"

"I have done everything you've ever wanted me to! I did this one thing for myself" I said. "I wanted you both there, I really did. It's just not the way it turned out."

"So you're a Cameron now?" He asked.

I nodded slowly looking at the ring.

"Um I should probably head back" I said.

They both walked over wrapping their arms around me.

"We love you Elizabeth, don't forget that" my father said.

I couldn't help but smile as we pulled apart.

"Have you gained weight?" My mother asked.

"Mom!" I snapped.

"I-I didn't mean it like that. You just look different" she said. "I've noticed it but now it's clearly hard to not notice."

"What are you implying?" I asked.

"Nothing sweetie" she said.

I walked out of the house glancing at my reflection in the window before walking down the steps. Getting back into the car I drove to the smoothie shop. I smiled walking inside.

"Good afternoon Miss Carrera" the old lady smiled.

"It's actually Cameron now" I said.

"Oh my. You two kids wed?" She asked.

"We did" I smiled.

"What can I get ya Misses Cameron?" She asked.

"Two strawberry bananas and a mixed berry please" I said.

I waited as they put the smoothies into a carrier.

"Have a nice night Eve" I said walking out.