The Encouragement.

(A/N: The way y'all spell John B makes me so happy oh my god.
ALSO- please don't pester me for longer chapters n stuff. As for smut, it's hard to get JJ alone in the story so please cut me some slack ahhh, i have so much to do rn and it's all a lot so i'm really sorry if this isn't good enough but it's the best i can do right now x ty to those who support me tho I appreciate you XXX)

"Tell me if it hurts Heyward..." Y/N said quietly as she placed a plaster over an injury on Heyward's head.
"You're doing fine." He told her, with a wince. He was sitting on a chair JJ brought out for him. His shirt was stained by a splatter of blood, dripping down his shoulder. The pogues gathered around him, looking serious. 
"Okay.. there." Y/N smiled gently, walking over to JJ.
"Thank you girlie." He said to her as she left. Y/N smiled- thinking back to Cleo always made her smile.
"Pop. What happened." Pope knelt down in front of his father, looking scared.
"Oh..." He shook his head. "I should've known better. He came in just as I was about to lock up."
Y/N lent on the open-shop's banister with John B and Kie. JJ and Sarah on the other one. Sarah looked over at John B and he met her eye. It was awkward... She looked away quickly, leaving John B's blood to boil, he tensed up and sighed. Even after his chat with Y/N and JJ he still wanted an apology from Sarah. Y/N put a hand on his arm, smiling gently. John B smiled back gratefully, putting his hand on hers and nodding slightly, telling her he was okay. JJ watched them from the other banister and exhaled sharply, biting his tongue.
"Did he catch you by surprise?" Kie asked Heyward.
"That he did. Once he had me down put his knee in my chest. He asked me about that... that... that key. From the drawing you showed me." He nodded towards Pope.
Pope stood up slowly and sighed, "Aiden."
"They know JB's free. They don't have anything to trade the key for." Y/N mumbled.
"In case you were wondering. I didn't tell him nothing." Heyward added.
Kie smiled at him, Heyward was one tough cookie.
"Now did you track it down?" He asked Pope.
Pope pushed a hand into his back pocket and handed him the thin golden key. Heyward let him place it in his hand gently. 
"I found it in Mee-Maw's old apartment. Above the pharmacy just like you said." Pope sat down next to him and watched Heyward look the key over.
"Shit, boy. You should have gave this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating." He said, turning the key between his rough hands. "What's the big deal it ain't worth anything. Why'd they want it so bad?"
"I don't know..." Pope said. "First they sent me this letter telling me I need to go to Charleston. And then I meet a rich lady who wants me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family!"
Kie shook her head, "None of it makes any sense."
Heyward looked around at the dishevelled group of kids. "Well. Don't y'all just sit here whining about it. Figure it out!"
"No. I'm just gunna give the key to that lady. It's not worth--" Pope began.
Heyward cut him off, "No, no, no. Come on. Did I raise you to back down from a fight boy?" He told him. "Huh?"
Pope shook his head, "No, sir."
Heyward nodded, "Well alright. Now... I didn't think about it before. I admit that. But now..." He pointed it at his injured head, "Now? Now I'm interested. Well, did they say why they wanted it?"
"Something about an old cross." Pope told him, "I think it might be some kind of old treasure."
"You know who you should talk to? Your great grandmother. Mee-maw." He handed the key back to Pope.

Aiden was staying in town with Mrs Limbrey. At the Pelican inn. He drove up to the entrance in a rover and parked on the road, entering the grand hotel and jogging up the steps to Limbrey's room. He kept his incriminating hands hidden and ignored the receptionist calling for him. Flashing the room key over the door handle. He went straight to the bathroom to wash Heyward's blood off of his hands.
Limbrey sat up at the dressing table as he entered, asking "How did it go?" immediately.
"Well." Aiden sighed as he washed his hands, "The Heyward guy wouldn't tell me where the kid was. But I think he's found the key." He told her as she fussed over her hair at the mirror on the table. 
"You're pathetic." She sighed, "You think? No wonder daddy gave up on you after he got that new job. Needed you when he was drowning on the cut yes but once you started playing up... Letting him down... He wanted nothing to do with you. After you slithered out of your tramp of a mother, and then let that girl drive you crazy... I'm surprised you came back at all. But I know you're only here for a payout."
Aiden bit his lip and sighed.
"But out of the kindness of my heart... I let you back in. And all you do is spite me." She laughed and scoffed. Picking up her crutches and standing up.
"Enough. All right?" He growled as he walked past her, drying his hands.
She faltered in her step and had a fainting spell, staggering backwards.
Aiden dropped his towel and rushed to catch her, "Easy... easy..."
"Oh..." She sighed in his arms, the crutches slipping from her hands. Aiden carried her back to her bed and sat her down. They sighed.
"I'm gunna die, Aiden." She sighed. "Die. And soon...." She looked him dead in the eye. "Do you know what that feels like?"
He sighed. "I'm sorry. We'll get the key." he held her hand.
Limbrey shook it off, "I don't have time for any more accidents." She lent on the draws next to the bed to pick herself up, and Aiden pulled the covers back to get her to sleep.
"And stop... making excuses. Please." She sighed as a tiredness over took her. "It's so weak."
Aiden glared down at her. 
"No key. No estate." She got straight to the point.

(A/N: I'm so tired ufreihdcivheocer 
Until next time, ILY GUYS! Xx)