Spy Games

The group looks everywhere around the wreck with the drone.

"I'm not seeing the gold." Kie says.

"It's gotta be here somewhere." John B states.

Jo steps closer to John B.

"Look, the gold isn't down there. Someone had to have found it already." Jo tells him.

"Or it was never there to begin with." JJ states from the wheel.

"Let's just go, guys. We'll figure out what happened and come up with another plan." Pope states.

JJ drives the boat back to Heyward's.

Just as they get there, Pope's dad comes out with a piece of paper.

"Joanna! Your dad was just in here. He says to tell you he needs to speak with you at his house asap." he relays the message.

Jo turns to her friends.

"Alright, guys, I need to figure out what my dad wants, and I'll meet back up with you guys later." she tells them.

They do the pogue handshake, and she races off to her car.

She gets to her dad's on figure eight and just walks through the door.

"Dad! Are you here!" she shouts out throughout the house.

The back door opens, and her dad walks through the door.

"Joanna, good you're here," he says.

"Yeah I am What's going on?" she asks.

She finally notices all the people on the back dock.

"Come with me." he tells her.

He leads her out to the dock where they are lifting the Malibu out of the water.

Topper and his mom are standing out there already with the guy pulling the boat.

"Boats like this don't just sink, Dr. Thornton and Mr. Mills." the guy tells the adults.

Jo locks eyes with Topper and glares at him.

"How much is this going to cost us?" Jo's dad asks.

"Well, let's see, it was submerged for 24 hours, so you guys are looking at 25 maybe 30k." the guy tells them.

Jo's eyes widen at the amount.

"Insurance won't cover it?" Topper's mom asks.

The guy laughs.

"No, not for operator error. The plug wasn't in there." Topper's mom glares at him.

"Why are you looking at me?" He asks defensively.

"Why do you think?" she retorts back.

"I did not forget to put the plug in mom. I did not forget to put the plug in mom. The boat has been sitting in the water for a week. I haven't touched it!" Topper defends.

Topper's mom turns to Joanna.

"Well, what about you Joanna? Have you taken your friends on any joy rides without telling us?"

"No." Jo states briefly.

"I find that hard to believe. You both are 16 years old. I would think that both of you would have some decency to take responsibility for your actions." she scolds them.

"Mom, I did not do this. There is no way I did this. Do you think I'm that stupid?" Topper continues to argue.

"Yea listen, I haven't even been on the damn thing at all, so I don't know why you're yelling at me." Jo starts to argue.