The Runaway

Jo opens her eyes and the first thing she sees is the window open and the curtains blowing in the morning wind.

She feels an arm pull her closer.

She turns over and sees JJ looking back at her with a smile on his face.

"Good morning beautiful." JJ speaks softly to her.

She smiles with contentment.

"Good morning handsome."

He leans down and kisses her softly on the lips.

She moans in pleasure as she wraps her arm around his neck pulling him down closer on top of her.

JJ pulls his lips away.

"I could wake up like this every morning Jo. I mean it. I think this is the best thing that we did." he tells her happily.

"I totally agree Jay. This feels right." she tells him with a smile.

She pulls him down for another kiss.

Before they can go any further they hear a car pull up.

JJ rolls off of her and gets up.

He looks out the window.

"That's Pope and Kie we should get dressed." he states.

Jo nods and wraps the sheet around her before she stands up in front of him.

"So what are we telling them?" he asks her as she tries to walk past him to the bathroom to change.

She shrugs her shoulders.

"Let's just keep this to ourselves for a little while." she responds.

JJ just nods his head not liking that she wants to keep things secret.

Jo notices the look but before she can say anything, the screen door opens and she quickly grabs clothes and runs to the bathroom.

Pope is the first one inside and he sees JJ.

"Dude get dressed! What did you sleep naked last night?" he exclaims.

"Where's Jo?" Kie asks shielding her eyes as JJ puts his clothes on.

"She's in the bathroom." JJ informs her as he is getting dressed.

Kie walks past him and heads to the bathroom, and just opens the door.

She walks in on Jo trying to cover up the hickeys that JJ left on her.

"I knew it you hoe." Kie teases.

Jo gives her friend an awkward smile.

"It just kinda happened." she tells her friend as she sits down on the edge of the tub to face her.

"You don't sound too excited that it did happen." Kie observes as she leans against the counter.

"No that's not it. I'm glad that it did happen. But he told me that he loves me." Jo confesses.

Kie raises her eyes in surprise.

"Isn't that a good thing?" she asks.

"Yes and I think I love him too but-" she trails off.

"But what?" Kie asks.

Jo opens her mouth to tell her she might not be completely over Rafe, but she changes her mind.

"I don't know. I might just be overthinking this." she tells her with a shrug.

"You guys belong together. Stop overthinking it." she tells her.