Midsummers

Joanna manages to pull into the parking space that was designated for her.

She quickly gets out of the car and rushes inside to see everybody running around getting everything set up for Midsummers.

Jo spots her mom dressed in a waiter's uniform setting up tables.

"When did you get here?" she asks her walking over to her.

"Well I had to hitch a ride with Amy since my wonderful daughter took my car." Jackie responds to her daughter.

"I'm sorry but I had to be at dad's and needed the car." she tells her.

She hands her the keys and without another word walks off.

She reaches the office and grabs her clipboard with everything that needs to be done.

She grabs an earpiece and heads out to the banquet area.

Everyone is moving around setting up tables and decorations.

"No, the blue lights need to be hung up over the beach." Joanna tells the workers.

"I need more chairs over here at this table." Joanna commands.

Jo spots Heyward's truck pull up.

She smiles and heads over in their direction.

She waits until Heyward is done lecturing Pope and makes her presence known.

"Hey Mr. H." she greets giving him a hug.

"Hey Jo. This is looking really nice." Heyward compliments.

"Thanks, its almost done I can't wait. You and Pope will be setting up over on the side just left of the stage." she directs.

"Will do young lady. You're doing a great job." Jo smiles and makes her way to Pope.

They do their handshake.

"Have you heard from JJ?" Pope asks in concern.

"No I haven't. I talked my dad into making them drop the charges, but I think he still has the restitution." she tells him.

"Joanna we need you over here!"

They turn to see a waiter waving her down.

"Duty calls. I'll catch up with you when I can."

She walks off in the direction that she was summoned.

**********************************************

They manage to get everything set up as her boss Hanna walks up to her.

"This place looks good kid. You definitely have a future here at the country club." she tells Jo.

"Thank you that means a lot to me. I have worked really hard on this." Jo tells her.

"I know you have. Now go get changed and enjoy the party. You deserve it. I had your stuff put in room 205." Hanna tells her.

Joanna smiles and quickly walks off to head to the room.

She spots Kie heading in her direction.

"You look great!" Jo compliments as they do their pogue handshake.

"This is insane. We shouldn't even be having this party right now." Kie complains.

"I know, but I did it. I planned this whole thing and it looks great."

Jo smiles and takes a deep breath as she looks at everything set up.

"Where are you headed to?" Kie asks her.