Dead Calm

Jo is sitting by the dock at the château when JJ comes running down to her.

"What are you doing down here?" he asks her as he sits down beside her.

"I woke up and you were gone." he comments.

"Yea I'm sorry about that Jay. I just couldn't sleep." she lays her head on his shoulder.

"I know last night was really crazy. I can't believe we did it." he smiles as he wraps his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer.

"Jay, can you promise me something?" Jo asks hesitantly.

"Anything." he tells her.

"Whatever this is going on between us, promise me that it won't change us or tear us apart." she looks up at him.

"What are you saying?" he asks her thinking the worst.

"We've been good friends for so long and I don't wanna ruin that." she clears up.

"I don't wanna ruin anything either. But when I'm with you, I forget about my dad and my shitty life. You make me think that I mean something in life-" she cuts him off.

"That's because you do. You are my best friend JJ and you make me feel safe and comfortable. I can be myself around you. I just don't wanna lose that if we decide to take this further." she confides in him.

He gives her a look of awe.

He grabs her face lightly in his hand and leans down.

"I promise you that whatever comes out of this thing we have, we're not gonna lose what we are. I would never let that happen." JJ huskily promises before he leans down and presses his lips to hers.

She grabs his face and kisses him back.

She climbs onto his lap and wraps her arms around his neck.

He grabs her waist and pulls her until she's pressed up against him.

They hear whistling and they break apart quickly to look where it's coming from.

"If you two love birds are done tonguing each other we need to get this plan together!" John B shouts down to them.

"Get a room!" Pope shouts at them.

Jo rolls her eyes and flips them off.

Jo gets up off of JJ's lap and helps him stand up.

"I guess we have to go back to our friends now." Jo bumps her shoulder with his with a smile.

They both walk back up to the chateau to see their friends watching them.

"What?" Jo asks as she finds a small pebble and throws it at John B and Pope.

John B grabs Pope's face mockingly.

"Oh, I love you so much." John B shrills in a high pitch womanly voice.

"I love you so much." Pope deepens his voice to mock JJ's voice.

"We do not sound like that you guys."

Jo rolls her eyes as she walks over to the girls who are sitting in the twinkie looking at a piece of paper.

"You guys aren't gonna be mean to me are you?"

Jo pouts as she sits next to Kie and across from Sarah.

"No, I think it's cute. You and JJ seem perfect for each other." Sarah compliments.

Kie gives her a halfhearted smile.

"Yea we all saw it coming."

Kie says shortly as she shows the girls the map that Pope drew of the well and the calculations.