Parcel 9

Jo wakes up in her new room at her dad's house.

She hears a knock on her door.

"Are you decent?" Her dad asks from outside.

Jo stands up and opens the door.

"I know that you're mad at me right now and that's fine. But you will respect the house rules even if you dont like them." he tells her.

She sighs and sits down on the bed.

He sits down on her chair.

"I need you in the house every night at 11 during the summer and 10 during school days. I need to know where youre going to be at all times. I dont want you just hanging out on the cut all the time with your friends." he tells her.

"You will be in for dinner at least four nights a week. If you need the car then you need to say what for. You're not running off doing whatever with your friends anymore. Do I make myself clear?" he finally states.

"Yes dad." she finally says.

"I know this isn't what you want. But until you can start making better decisions this is the way things have to be." he tells her.

"Can I at least use the car to go get some of my stuff from mom's?" she asks.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the car keys.

"You can use it for today. I need it back by 6." he tells her as he hands them to her.

"Ok thanks." she says.

He stands up and kisses the top of her head.

"Things will get better kiddo. Just give it time." he tells her.

He leaves the room and she starts to get dressed.

She manages to leave the house without running into Topper.

She is pulling out of the driveway when she spots John B walking down the road coming from the Cameron house.

She pulls up beside him.

"Get in." she says.

"Thanks. This saves me from walking." he tells her.

"Where we going?" she asks him.

"The Wreck. Everyone is gonna meet us there."

She glances down at the cast on his arm.

"How are you feeling?" she asks.

"I've been better that's for sure." he replies.

*********************************************************

Once they make it to the Wreck, John B instantly starts telling the group what has been going on the past couple of days.

"I'm sorry you're staying where?" Kie asks with attitude as she restocks the salt and pepper shakers.

"I'm staying at Tannyhill." he tells them.

"So youre living with Sarah Cameron." Kie smarts.

"Okay look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out."

John B moves from the counter and over to the table where everyone else was already sitting.

"It is way better than foster, which by the way is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-"

John B gets cut off.

"So do you guys both have memberships to the club now?" Pope asks.

Jo rolls her eyes.