15

"Damsels in distress"

"Wake up, we're leaving!" A pillow lands to my head.

"What?" I mumble still half asleep.

"Come on sleeping beauty, we have a lot to do."

"Yeah, yeah.." I rub my eyes as I sit up, still pretty hazy.

A hand grabs me and drags me up. "We're leaving", JJ repeats. "Now. The others are already waiting."

"What?" I follow him blinded by the light outside but by the time we get to the boat I have managed to open them.

"Finally you woke up!", John B laughs as I step in to the boat and sit to the bow next to Kie. "Mornings are clearly not your best time of the day."

"Mhm, very funny", I grimace at him as I ran hands through my hair to make it look at least half decent. I woke up two minutes ago, I most definitely look like it.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get her up from the couch", JJ comes after me. "She wouldn't wake up, no matter what I did."

I glare at the boy. "It's summer break, we're supposed to sleep!"

"Not anymore", John B speaks again. "We're on a treasure hunt now, you have to prioritize."

I just roll my eyes, since there is no denying that. For 400 million, I would do anything, and waking up not even that early doesn't seem too much for that. Still the sleep hasn't entirely left my mind yet, and when we leave the dock I lay down my on back and close my eyes. I won't fall asleep again, but it's still relaxing.

"Excuse me everyone, can I have your attention please? Snow white has lost one of her dwarfs, sleepy!" JJ announces kicking me to the leg to keep me from drifting to sleep.

"Shut up", I mumble, trying to kick him back but my feet hits nothing but air.

"I'm surprised you know so much about Disney movies", I hear Kie say. "I think you might know even more than me."

"Thank the dwarf here", JJ kicks my leg again only more gently this time. "She made us watch those movies with her aaaall the time, over and over again."

That's true. I found so many interesting movies from the shop that I always stole for us to watch. I have a whole collection of old dvds next to my wall. When mom and dad were working late at night, I would have a movie night with JJ and John B. But we didn't only watch Disney movies or romcoms, but also a lot of actions and comedies they had chosen.

"Don't act like you didn't love it, JJ", I hear John B laugh and have to open my eyes now too to join the conversation. "You would stare at the screen for the whole movie and not complain once. Except when the movie ended and you wanted there to be more."

"And you always imagined you were the prince!" I join his laugh. "You explained how you would be so much better and do things very differently."

"Well-" JJ starts but doesn't find anything to say. After a moment he shrugs. "What can I say? I've got a good taste and a clear prince personality."

"Only the money is missing", Pope says, grinning to his friend as he knows what JJ's going to say next.

"Not for long, Pope", he walks over to him and puts his arm around his shoulders. "Not for long."

"And the princess, I guess", Kie adds, glancing at me a little too meaningfully. Gladly, boys are blind and JJ didn't notice it.

"Well, once I have the money nothing will stop me from getting my princess", JJ grins at Kie and then turning his gaze to me. Could he mean me by that? No way. He just looked at me and I'm already planning a wedding? No way.

Someone to stay || JJ Maybankजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें