𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

JAYLENE FELT LIKE she'd been making her way home for at least an hour now, in reality it was less than ten minutes, but the humid air made it seem like a never-ending journey. The thin sweater she'd been wearing was now gripped in her hand as she approached the Rosewood mansion. Just like she remembered. The large water fountain in the front was temporarily turned off because of the hurricane that was predicted to pass through the island soon; possibly later that day, but the weather forecast wasn't all that accurate sometimes. The rose bushes were freshly cut, leaves green and full of life. Palm trees and pine trees lined up at the gate that led into the house. Since there was still light outside, the home wasn't illuminated like usual.

"Home sweet home." The brunette muttered under her breath, heading in the direction of the backyard since her house key was stored away somewhere in her bedroom. She'd forgotten to take it with her. Her trip back home after being released from the hospital was rushed. A specialist watched her pack every little thing, making sure that Jaylene wouldn't slip some more pills into her system. It was a very dreadful experience really.

The last thing she was expecting to see was a large amount of people in her backyard, storm prepping for the storm riding in the clouds, waiting to destroy a large portion of the land in a matter of hours. They were far too busy to even notice her which made it easy for her to walk into the house using the French doors, immediately being greeted by her stepmother who didn't look happy in the slightest.

"Where's your father?" Lorelei questioned, but didn't get to receive an answer from Jaylene. The second her eyes caught a glimpse of her brother walking down the stairs, her mood immediately altered and a random boost of energy consumed her body.

Jaylene rushed past her stepmother, heading towards her brother who was now a few inches taller than her, quickly engulfing him into a warm embrace, knocking the wind out of him at the sudden action. "Oh my god, Nate! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I missed you." She muttered the second sentence, feeling his arms wrap around her immediately. Although they fought over the most minor inconveniences sometimes, they had a strong bond that could never be broken. Ever. "I don't see you for six months and you decide to have a growth spurt?" She smiled at him once they'd let go of each other. It was genuine, making it the first since being admitted to the center up in New York.

"Hey, I don't mean to interrupt this adorable reunion, but I'm gonna ask you again: where's your father at? The workers need to know whether to storm prep the cabin or not." Lorelei sounded annoyed, somewhat concerned, but mostly annoyed.

Jaylene thought of a snarky remark to her rude tone, but Henderson walked through the front door before she could even open her mouth to speak. He set the suitcase near the side of the staircase along with the backpack that contained Jaylene's belongings, sending her a pointed look in the process of doing so.