𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞. 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

IT FELT LIKE HER ENTIRE WORLD was slowly beginning to crumble as Jaylene kept her eyes focused on the moonlight as it illuminated the small bell tower. Her ears were ringing, which was enough to block out all the commotion going on outside. The hand that wasn't holding onto John B's was sweating, which forced her to wipe the sweat from it every now and then as they sat in complete silence.

In a way, she felt like this could've been avoided if she never would've gotten involved with John Routledge's only son. It felt like she was one of the many reasons as to why this was happening right now.

And in a way, a very twisted way, she was.

"What happens next?" John B's voice broke her out of her thoughts as he took in deep breaths, still unable to calm himself down with everything going on outside. He felt like they'd be found any second now.

Jaylene lifted her head from his shoulder, taking in a deep breath as she removed her hand from his. "You need to get off this island. And you gotta do it soon."

"Kiara, JJ, and Pope are working something out right now. Tomorrow at three in the afternoon. That's when I'm supposed to meet up with them at the dump." He explained, briefly pausing before letting the next words fall from his mouth with no hesitation whatsoever. "Go with me."

Jaylene raised her eyebrows up in surprise, unsure if she'd heard correctly or not. He couldn't possibly be asking her to flee the island with him, right? "What?"

"Let's get the hell off of this island. You and me."

"Have you lost your min—" Jaylene cut herself off before she could finish her sentence, jumping to her feet when she heard a loud thud coming from below them. She swallowed thickly, backing up as the board was lifted.

It was dark in the bell tower, but she was easily able to recognize Sarah Cameron as the blonde pushed the board upwards, pointing the bright flashlight directly at Jaylene and John B as the couple let out relieved sighs.

"You're okay. Thank god." Jaylene sharply exhaled, holding her hand out to help Sarah up before allowing the board to fall with a load thud.

Sarah didn't respond. Instead, she threw her arms around the brunette haired girl, burying her face in the girls shoulder as she muttered a bunch of apologies. "I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, Jaylene. My dad had no right telling your dad."

"It's not your fault." Jaylene sighed, allowing the hug to go on for a few more seconds before releasing Sarah from her grasp.

"And you." Sarah struggled to catch her breath as she pointed an unsteady finger at John B. "This shouldn't be happening to you. I am here to help, okay? You are not going down for something that my brother did. If anyone's going to jail, it's him—"