𝙭𝙫𝙞. 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

JAYLENE RUMMAGED THROUGH THE DRAWERS IN HER BEDROOM, frantically searching for the small prescription bottle that had nearly been the death of her six months ago. Since being back, this was the first time she felt like she absolutely needed them to take the edge off of the unbearable anxiety she felt after everything. It hadn't hit her when she was making valid points about everything, but now she felt like she was suffocating and absolutely needed some sort of drug to tear her away from her stability.

Her sobriety streak had only lasted six months, but she broke that when she took a sip of alcohol at the kegger that had been hosted after hurricane Agatha struck. It was strictly prohibited that she ever consumed alcohol after completing the six-month long program, but she figured that she'd be fine if she only took small portions every so often. But she was mistaken.

The weight of the world was back on her shoulders as she struggled to catch her breath, tossing random clothing items to the side with a strong hint of desperation in her actions.

She would've kept searching for those stupid pills, but her phone began ringing, allowing her to be snapped back into reality. And in that moment, she was extremely thankful for Sarah Cameron.

Quickly, she stood up from the wooden floor boards and reached for her phone that she'd tossed on her bed. "H-Hey—hey. Were you able to get it?" Jaylene stumbled on her words, referring to the map of Tannyhill that she'd kindly asked Sarah to get. Since she wasn't able to talk to her at the party, she sent her a text message asking her to get a hold of the map that John B. needed to find the gold.

"Yeah, I got it. Do you want it now? I can sneak out real quick." Sarah whispered from the other line, causing Jaylene to glance on the clock set on top of her nightstand. Only then did she realize that it was twenty minutes past midnight.

"Alright. I'll meet you in your front yard in five minutes." Jaylene nodded, pursing her lips together before hanging up.

A sigh left her mouth as she looked down at the ground, ashamed at herself for nearly making another one of her stupid mistakes. In the six months that she had spent in a rehab center, she'd never considered herself to be an addict. It was a deep state of denial she was still in even after everything that had occurred. She enjoyed the thrill it brought her when uncertainty was the only thing she felt. Just like she'd told JJ and John B., she would simply live off of her family's legacy for the rest of her life. Nothing exciting would ever happen. Her entire life had been set the second she was brought into the crazy world.

It was all entirely depressing if deeply thought about. Leaving the island would be frowned upon by all the residents on figure eight, but after everything that had happened in the past few days, it was the ultimate decision that Jaylene would likely end up taking once she graduated high school. She was lucky enough to have all the money in the world, meaning she'd be able to use it to move far away from Outer Banks in the near future.