𝙭𝙭𝙞. 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙮 𝙞𝙨𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙙

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

WHEN THE BRIGHT, morning sun rose the next day, the three girls were groggy at first, but soon got over it and decided to allow their bodies to warm up, so they sat at the edge of the boat, letting the warm sunlight soak through their skin as they talked amongst themselves. And because they didn't know when the boys would be back for them, Kiara decided to fill the two girls in on the plan that she and the pogues had constructed to retrieve the gold. That's assuming that it was buried where the map led them.

It sounded like a suicide mission to even get relatively close to old, Mrs. Crain's house, but it also caused adrenaline to pump through Jaylene's veins at the thought of doing something so sneaky. She was going through a lot right now, and she hoped that this would help take her mind off of everything. Even if it was just for a couple hours.

"Is it equally as scary as the urban legend says?" Jaylene scrunched her face up, looking towards Kiara. If she was gonna be a part of this, she needed to know what she was getting herself into. Because there was no way in hell she was about to step into a death trap. "Like, did she actually do that shit to her husband?" She curiously asked.

"You seriously sound like a conspiracy nut right now. You and JJ are literally an embodiment of one another." Kiara chuckled in response, receiving an offended look in return from Jaylene.

With her hand pressed against her chest, she gasped, pretending to be offended with the comparison. "You did not just say that." Jaylene tried to stifle back the laugh that threatened to fall from her lips as she looked at Kiara. "Compared to him, I have more than a singular brain cell."

"Guys." Sarah speaks up, motioning towards the HMS pogue as it made its way towards them, three smirking boys aboard. It only caused the three girls to give them dirty glances, annoyed that they'd been forced to spend the night in an open boat in the middle of the marsh.

"Look at them. I just wanna wipe those smirks off of their stupid faces." Kiara rolled her eyes, making sure to keep her voice down as the boat slowly got closer to them. "Idiots." She added with a loud scoff, earning a snicker from the two girls sat beside her.

"So then do it." Jaylene shrugged, a smirk of her own forming on her lips as she looked at both girls. "Get them to believe that their stupid plan didn't work."

Kiara looked over at Sarah, giving her a look as the two quickly got on board with how they were gonna act once the three boys got closer. "Sounds good to me." She nodded, hoping that they'd be able to convince John B. that his plan to get the two girls to reconcile hadn't worked. "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked."