𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

THERE WAS NOTHING JAYLENE HATED MORE THAN complete and utter silence, so when Lorelei stayed silent after her step-daughter threw the harsh question at her, Jaylene automatically knew that her step mother clearly knew something that she didn't, but instead of forcing her to answer the question, she decided to leave it at that. Despite all the curiosity that ran through her bloodstream, she wasn't in the mood for another argument. The argument she had with Jason was enough to ruin her day. And she didn't need it getting any worse.

If it hadn't been for the fact that she and John B. arranged to meet up that afternoon, she would've stayed home all day, but instead, she left her household at exactly five in the afternoon, car keys in hand as she hummed fo herself, knitting her eyebrows in confusion when she saw Sarah Cameron walking towards her.

"Hey." The blonde greeted the brunette, a smile on her face as she stopped in her tracks. "Uhm, thank you for that piece of advice that you gave me yesterday. I finally ended things with Topper."

Jaylene's eyes lit up in glee, a huge smile tugging at her lips at the amazing news she'd just been given. "I can't even explain how happy that makes me, Sarah. I'm so proud of you."

"Yeah, he was kind of an ass." Sarah nodded, unable to stop herself from smiling due to all the freedom she now had. It hadn't really occurred to her how toxic the relationship between her and Topper was until recently, but she was relieved to have finally been released from it. For good this time. "But that's actually not all I came to talk about." She added, receiving a confused look from Jaylene in return. "I'm pretty sure that my dad knows that I didn't ask him for that map of Tannyhill simply because I wanted to know more about the history."

"So, should I be worried?" Jaylene questioned, not quite understanding if Sarah was trying to imply something.

"I doubt it. But I just figured that it'd be best to tell you." Sarah informed the brunette, shrugging her shoulders as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I mean, not that I enjoy making assumptions or anything, but I'm sensing a friendship between us. And friends gotta stick together ."

"Oh, so this is a friendship in the making? I actually never saw that coming." Jaylene chuckled, knowing that the two hardly had anything in common. Well, until now. "Look, I'm on my way to the cut. Why don't you come along?"

Sarah's mood immediately shifted at the thought of having to be in the same place as her ex-best-friend, and Jaylene noticed right away. "Uh, I don't think that that's a good idea. Kiara and I haven't been on good terms for a while now. There's like no point in adding fuel to the fire." She shakes her head, knowing that it wouldn't be a good idea if she were to get involved. "But I appreciate the offer."

"I'm sure it'll be fine, Sarah. What could possibly be so bad? I'm sure you two can just work past it." Jaylene tried her hardest to persuade the girl into joining her. "C'mon! When in life do we get to experience something this fun?"