Pilot

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Outer Banks characters or story line. I only own Joanna and her family and story line.*

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

Joanna walked through the empty house that was in the process of being worked on with one of her best friends Kiara.

Jo leaned against the door as she listened to her bitch about the house.

"I can't believe this!" Kiara turned and walked out of the room.

"I know. Why build a new home over a turtle habitat. We should take this to the city board. My dad could probably get us in." Jo told her friend as they walked out onto the balcony where their other friends were hanging out.

John B was standing on the roof with a beer in his hand.

Pope was standing right below him with a drill in his hand.

JJ was sitting on a lower part of the roof drinking a beer.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kiara complained.

Jo stuck up her hand to JJ in a silent request to hand her his beer that he was drinking.

He rolled his eyes but handed her his beer anyway.

"Thanks sweetheart." Jo smiled jokingly as she started drinking the rest of the beer.

"You guys this used to be turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles." Jo rolled her eyes at Kiara.

"I told you I will talk to my dad and see if he can get us an in with the city board."

Jo raised her voice slightly at her.

"Yea, but that could take weeks. Something needs to be done now." Kiara argued back with Jo.

The girls raised their voices at each other a lot, but that was their way of communicating.

"Come on you guys. You know I can't have cold towel." JJ joked breaking up the small argument.

Jo glanced up at him.

"Nobody asked the opinion from the peanut gallery." she joked with a laugh.

"Oh yea? I'll come show you peanut gallery." JJ joked back.

He started to get down from the roof and Jo back away with a giggle.

"Don't you even think about it." she warned him.

"Can you please not kill yourself."

Jo heard Kiara and turned her head to see John B standing on one foot.

"Are you kidding me? If you fall and I have to call my dad to come check you out he's gonna kill me." Jo warned.

Pope gave her a look.

"Your dad is a paramedic that's his job." he told her.

"Yea then he'll know that we're here and he'll make me live with him. That's not cool man." Jo argued.

"You better not spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ told him as they all glanced up at John B.

He stumbled and lost his balance making him drop his beer.

Jo seen it coming and managed to grab it before it hit the ground.

They cheered as she started to drink it.

"Thanks for the beer man." Jo winked as she drank it.

"Hey toss that up here since dumbass dropped it."