|Chapter V|

"Sierra!" Jed shouted as he had been searching for at least half an hour by now, but he couldn't seem to find the lone werewolf. "It was an accident, all right? Remy was asking for it and you just gave it to her. It wasn't you." He said and he looked into the darkness and out of the darkness, he could see a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

Jed sighed and he walked slowly and carefully over in that direction, and it was mainly so that he didn't have to spend the rest of his night looking for her just because he accidentally was the one responsible for scaring her at the time, again.

Sierra must have transformed in her upset state at some point, because she was covered in dirt, mud and fallen leaves and she used her arms to cover up the bits, that no one should really ever need to see.

Sierra had her head down and she was shivering still, although Jed was having trouble with whether she was shivering because she was cold, or if it was a side effect from majorly beating Remy down, half into a coma earlier and Jed sighed.

"Here." He murmured as he took off his jacket, handing it over to her and she looked at the offered jacket in his hands and she took it, before he turns away.

Jed turned back around and saw that she had zipped up the jacket, and she was leaning back against the tree and she looked at the moonlight ring. "Hey hey, this was not you." Jed could smell the guilt all over her and Sierra shook her head.

"She was drunk, I should've just walked away from the party when I first had a chance to." She whispered and Jed sat next to her and she shook her head. "Is she okay?" She asked softly and Jed was nodding at her and he had a crooked smile on her face.

"You know what it means for you now, though?" Jed asked and she was looking at him with confusion in her eyes and he scoffed. "Wait, you don't know what happens now?" Sierra was shaking her head and Jed scoffed a bit and he laughed softly.

"What?" Silver asked softly and there was a curious tone to her voice and he looked over at her with a small smile on his face as now, she had one of her hands resting on her knees.

Jed reached out and she didn't react as he wrapped his hand around hers and he leaned back swiftly against the tree next to her and he felt her hand squeeze his hand gently in return, as he smiled. "It means that I have a new Beta." He said and she looked over at him with her eyebrows shooting up so high, that they nearly flew off of her head.

"Seriously?" Sierra asked quietly and he laughed at her questioning tone of voice, as she shook her head. "Why are you laughing at me?" She sounded insulted and Jed was still laughing, as she shook her head a bit. "I don't get it." She muttered.

"If the lower ranking werewolf defeats a higher ranking wolf, then the wolf with the lower rank switches positions with the one, that they have defeated. How did you not know that, with all your knowledge?" Jed asked and she looked down a little bit, as he raised his eyebrows a bit, and they pulled together. "Because you have never really been a part of a werewolf pack at all, before, have you?" Jed asked and she shook her head.

"My siblings were brought here before I was. Jayden rescued me from another abusive household and with nowhere else to go, he brought me to this place. I reunited with my siblings, only to discover that at worst, they both hate me now. At best, they just tolerate me to keep up appearances. I have a family, but we are much, much more likely to kill one another, just like I nearly did to Remy back there... I almost killed my sister." She said softly.

"She's a werewolf, she'll heal." Jed muttered bluntly and she chuckled a little bit, as the glow of her eyes faded until they were back to her ordinary brown eye color that she was originally born with. "You feeling better now?" He asked and she lifted her shoulders in a small shrug.