forty seven

"Guys. Guys. Is everybody good?" Kie asks.

I turn to JJ; his eyes are closed. "JJ!"

"JJ! Wake up, man. We gotta get out," Pope tells him.

"We gotta get out of here," John B says. He manages to get the door open.

"We gotta get out before it sinks," JJ says.

"Oh no. They don't look friendly," John B says.

"No, they look very unfriendly," Pope agrees.

"We gotta go. Come on," John B tells us. "MC lets go."

I turn and see Kie behind me. "I'm coming. Go!"

"Kie, get out before it sinks!" JJ shouts.

I turn and see Kie going back for the pilot. I can't let her do it alone. We drag ourselves into the cockpit and grab Portis.

"Portis. Come on. Portis, wake up," Portis says. "Wake up!"

We manage to get him out of the plane. Really, we should have left his ass, but Kie would never do that to another human being. Kie and I swim the man to the beach. Two people rush to help and grab Portis.

I look at Kie. "Why do you always have to be a good person?"

Portis coughs. He turns to look at Kie and I. "Thank you."

"You lied to us," I remind him. "Who are you?"

I hear ATVs. I turn and see them coming towards us.

"Oh God," Portis says. "You should get out of here."

"Shit," I remark.

Kie and I both start running.

"Split up," I tell her.

"No," Kie protests.

"Get to the crew," I tell her.

I take off running to the left. I head down next to a boat. More men show up. All wearing bullet proof vests toting guns.

"Search all over the area."

One of the men sees me. Before he can grab me, I kick him in the face.

"She's over here!"

I try to get away but one of them grabs me. I struggle but I can't get free.

"Get off!" I shout.

"Get a hold of her."

"Let me go!" I scream.

The two men throw me in the back of a pick-up truck.

"We lost the others. We'll keep searching."

Portis stops in front of me.

"I saved your life," I remind him.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry," Portis tells me. "I gonna try to help you, okay? I swear, I didn't know it was gonna be like this. Look, if you don't fight, if you just do what they say, these guys prob... probably won't hurt you."

"What did Ward promise you?" I ask.

Portis looks confused. "Who? Hey, just take my advice, do what they say. Good luck."

Portis walks away without another word. The truck starts as a man climbs in the bed with me.

"All right, let's go."

It feels like we drive forever. It's out away from the beach and the town. There're armed guards all over. One of them leads me to a huge house. A housekeeper answers the door. Whoever owns this house is a serious collector. I'm talking museum worthy.