Round up the usual suspects.

Kiara Pov

The next night was Wheezie's volleyball game. The boys and I drove to the middle school. When we got there the game had already started. Wheezie was on the court. When she saw us she had a big smile and waved. We ate popcorn and watched. Her team ended up winning. I was so proud of her. After she came over to the bleachers where we were sitting. 

"Nice game Wheezie you played really well." I encouraged.

"Thanks for coming." She smiled. 

"We wouldn't miss this for the world." JJ said.

"I better get back to my team." She waved and went back. We left the gym and went back to the van.

"It's only nine, the nights still young. What do you guys wanna do?" Pope asked.

"I would love to stay, but Luisa invited me to a sleepover. Do you think you could drop me off at her's?" I asked.

"What so we can't get drunk." JJ laughed. 

"Oh, i'll be getting drunk, but not with you." I teased. Pope drove us to Luisa's house. I kissed JJ goodbye and went up to the front door. Luisa wasn't rich, but had a decent sized house. She actually lived pretty close to John B's house. We first met through him. Luisa and John B were not super close. They had respective friend groups, but they always partied together. Luisa never talked about how his death affected her. 

I knocked at the door. Luisa answered. "Yay, you made it." She hugged me. "Come on in." I walked into her house. I had never been inside. The only time I was here was to help Pope, and that was mostly on her driveway. 

I followed her upstairs. There were two girls sitting on her bed. I recognized both but only knew the name on one. Maya was smaller than me, but her outgoing personality made up for it. 

"Hi, i'm Rory, I don't think we've met." Rory said. She had curly red hair.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kiara." I sat next to them on the bed. 

Luisa stood in front of us. "Well since we're all here I think it's time."

"Time for what?" I questioned.

"Maya's boyfriend cheated on her, so we're getting back tonight." Rory said. Tonight was definitely going to be interesting.

"I'm down. What's the plan?" I asked.

"We are going to spray paint his car." Maya responded. We went over all the details, then got in her car and drove to the boyfriends house. We shared a red paint can. We parked and jumped out. There was a car in the driveway. 

"Is that his?" Rory asked.

"Yep." Maya responded. We all tip toed up to it. I really hoped his family was all asleep. Maya was the first to paint. She carefully sprayed a penis on the front windshield. Luisa painted "FU." and Rory painted the words "Slut." Last was me. I shook the can and started too paint a smiley face. I was half finished when I heard a siren. I turned around to see a police car. I was caught red handed, literally. We all raised our hands as the cop stepped out. 

"What do you think you're doing ladies?" The officer said. We stood there silent. He stepped closer to take a good look at the car. "You do realize this is vandalism and destruction of property. Im gonna have to take you to the station." He gestured for us to get into the car, and we did. Since there were five of us. Maya sat up front while the rest of were in the back. He must of not seen us as a threat because he didn't call back up. Then again a group of love torn girls wasn't threatening. When we got to the station we were allowed to call ur parent, then put into a holding cell. We sat on the cold benches.

"Well were fucked." Maya said

"Yeah my mom's gonna kill me." Luisa said.

"The paint was washable, so technically we didn't do anything illegal." Rory admitted.

"What, I thought it was real. You told me that's what you bought." Maya said confused.

"Yeah I lied. I knew it was risky so I bought washable paint." Rory said.

"Oh Rory you saved us." I cheered.

When Sheriff Shoupe came in he first took out Maya since it was her boyfriend's car. A few minutes later he came back in and let us out.

"Since there was no damage to the car you can leave." Shoupe said.

I hugged goodbye Maya, Luisa, and Rory. I walked out to the front of the station to find my parents. I could tell they were mad. We went to the car without saying anything. 

As soon as I sat in the back seat. My mom scolded. "What were you thinking, getting arrested."

"You don't even know these girls." My dad blurted.

"They're my friends." I argued.

"Kiara, friends don't get each other arrested." My dad said angrily.

"Don't blame them. I did it because I wanted to." I yelled. 

"How many of your friends have to end up dead?" My dad yelled. We pulled up to a stop light. I jumped out. I was furious, how could he say that. I ran across the road through yards so my parents couldn't follow. I ran to Pope and JJ's house. It was around 1 a.m. The front door was locked so I climbed through a side window. My phone was ringing with texts from my parents but I shut it off. I found my way to JJ's room. He was dead asleep. I laid next to him and covered myself with his blankets. He stirred awake.

"Kie, I though you were at Luisa's." He asked barely awake. I started crying. Uncontrollably. All my emotions from my parents, john B, Sarah, Pope, and JJ came out. JJ sat up holding me. 

"Shhh. It' okay." He soothed. I dug my head into his neck. I sat there crying for a good five minutes. After we went to sleep without speaking a word. JJ stroked my head all night long.