Keep your friends close but, your enemies closer.

Kiara POV

After school finished I went to meet up with Sarah. I asked her to meet by the beach. I wasn't ready to see John B. A conversation without boys would have been nice for a change.

I sat on the sand waiting for her to arrive. When I saw her she was wearing a hoodie covering her head. She sat next to me trying to be discreet. "I hope I don't look to suspicious." She began.

I scanned my head around the beach. Surprisingly it was empty. "Why'd you call me here?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize for the way last night went. I should have said something to Topper." Sarah glanced down.

"I shouldn't have brought Topper there." I admitted.

"Anyway I saw you and JJ kissing what's that about?" She asked.

I told her everything about Pope and JJ. How were dating and to not tell John B. We talked for a while about our boyfriends.

Sarah looked towards me. "Kiara, I really want to stay, and I don't want to hide anymore."

"What is John B gonna do?"

"Since my dad was convicted and paid off bail, then technically the case is closed right?"

"I don't really know much about law." I admitted.

"I want to go see Rose and Wheezie." Sarah said quickly standing up.

I grabbed arm. "I don't think that's a good Idea."

Tears came out of her eyes. "I just want to see my family." She cried.

I gave her a long hug. "I know, and you will, I promise." I assured.

"I screwed up." She sobbed into my shirt.

"No, none of this is your fault." I cooed.

"I invited her here." She said.

I released my arms, and gave a concerning look into her eyes. "Sarah who did you invite here?"

"Wheezie, I called her this morning." Sarah cried into her hands. 

After Sarah said that a car rushed into the parking lot. I hadn't recognized it. I couldn't of been Wheezie she can't drive yet. Then a tall man exited. It was Rafe. 

"Sarah, why is Rafe here?" I snapped. She looked just as confused as I. 

Before Sarah could reply Rafe yelled. "Sarah, Oh god it's really you, Wheezie wasn't lying."

I backed up grabbing Sarah's hand to take her with me, but she stayed put. Rafe ran up to her giving her a hug. 

She pushed him off. "Go away, Rafe." 

He grabbed her wrist. "Sarah come home with me. We can be a family again." He pressed.

He started pulling her. I went to push him, but he pushed me away. Sarah kept fighting. I had to help her. I tried releasing his grip, but it was no use. Before I knew it he hit me to the ground. Sarah was yelling, but by the time I got up it was too late. He had drove off with her. 

My hands shook as I touched my lip. I winced as I saw the blood. I got out my phone and called JJ.

"Hello?" He answered.

"JJ. I need help." My voice shook.

"Kie what's wrong, where are you?" 

" The beach, He took Sarah, I don't know what to do." I mumbled.

"What? Who? I'm with John B were on our way." JJ hung up. 

Five minutes later John B and JJ showed up. I walked up to their car. 

JJ ran towards me, with a hugging embrace. He pulled away examining my face.

"Kiara, Who did this to you." He demanded. 

"Where's Sarah? She was here with you." John B questioned.

"Rafe came, he took her." I stammered.

JJ kissed my forehead holding me. John B looked at us confused. Well here's to secrets.

"Do you know where they went?" John B asked.

"I don't know, maybe to his house." I answered. 

We all got into the van. I sat in the back. JJ wrapped me with a blanket. 

JJ and John B whispered in the front for a bit. I didn't catch much, but I did hear JJ say. "I'm gonna kill that bastard." John B agreed.

"Do you guys know where Rafe lives?" John B asked. JJ and I both nodded no.

"I might know somebody though." I admitted.

"Who?" JJ and John B asked in unison.

"Topper."

John B rolled his eyes, starting the car. "Let's get Topper."

Ten minutes later we were at Toppers house. It was big, but not as big as Alex's. The boys thought it would be best if I went to the door since he basically hates both of them. 

I knocked Topper answered. He was still wearing the uniform from the kook academy.

"Kiara what happened to your lip, are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Where does Rafe live?"

"Why, I think it's best if you stay away from him, plus I haven't seen him in months." He went off. 

"Topper, Rafe took Sarah."

"What?" Topper slid past me out the door. "I'm coming with you."

Topper opened the door of the van. "He's not coming with." John B said.

"Sorry I don't have the address, plus I'm the only one who can take you there." Topper sat down.

JJ started driving towards Rafe's house. To say the tension was awkward would have been an understatement. I never thought this day would come all four of us in a van together. I texted Pope about what happened I couldn't leave him out. 

We pulled up to an old run down house. I recognized it but couldn't place whose house it was. 

"This is Barry's house." JJ announced.