You can't handle the truth?

Kiara POV

"John B, stop!" I yelled stepping in front of Topper protecting him.

JJ pushed John B back making sure he didn't throw another punch. Topper stood up rubbing his cheek where he was hit. Sarah just watched with her mouth wide open. Topper quickly got in his car.

"Wait Topper!" I yelled at him. Before I knew Topper and Rory had sped off. Great now they know, I hope he doesn't tell his friends.

John B was visibly angry. "Kiara what were you doing with that dick?" 

JJ came to my side. "Are you okay?" He mouthed. 

I nodded. "If you really want to know, he gave me a ride here." I said angrily looking at John B.

"He's a psycho. Do you not remember the time he pushed me out a tower? How could you be with him?" John B asked rhetorically.

I stepped closer to him. "Oh shut up, Topper is my friend." I argued. I had never considered Topper my friend. It kind of just slipped out. 

"He's not your friend, he's just using you." Sarah remarked.

"People change, and he helped me more than you two ever had ." I snapped.

JJ looked at me concerned. I went over the line. I just couldn't stand them. I turned and left. Since I had no car the destination didn't matter. I just needed to get away from them. 

JJ followed me. "You and Topper friends, I never saw that day coming." He joked.

I rolled my eyes. "Where were you guys anyway? I came looking for you earlier tonight."

"John B wanted to go out on the boat. We just talked and caught up." JJ admitted.

I was glad they were at good terms, even if I wasn't. "Did you tell them about us?" I asked.

"No, I wanted to though. I just don't know how to tell them." JJ stopped in his tracks. Leaning down and placing his hands on my hips, he kissed me. 

This calmed me, making me forget the world around me for a moment. I hugged him. He placed his hands on my head. I wrapped my arms around his torso. This reminded of the night in the hot tub. How broken and hurt JJ was. He's come so far since then. We both have.

We walked back to Pope's house. Waiting on the driveway was Rory she brought the van back. She was leaning up against it waiting for us.

"What the fuck?" She sighed.

I grabbed her hands. "I know it's a lot to take in, but you can't tell anybody."

"Yeah, I know it's a lot." She said sarcastically.

I looked her in the eyes. "Promise me you won't tell anybody."

She nodded. "I'm not the one you need to worry about."

"Where's Topper?" JJ asked.

"He was pretty freaked out, He dropped me back at Alex's to get the van, the said he needed to figure things out." Rory admitted.

I looked at JJ. This couldn't be good. 

"Does anyone have his number?" I asked looking around.

They both shook their heads no. I guess we had to wait, he could be anywhere by now. 

I touched Rory's shoulder. "Thanks for bringing the van." 

She half smiled that headed to her car that was still on the street from earlier tonight.

When JJ and I got inside Pope was passes out on the couch.

JJ and I went to his room. He changed out of his clothes, into underwear. Aka his pajamas.

I sat on the bed. "What are we supposed to do now?"

He looked at me confused "what do you mean?"

"Do we just act normal that everything's perfect, when it's not?"

"I don't think we should worry about the future, just here and now." JJ said jumping on top of me. 

I let out a laugh and he tickled me. You could say things escalated quickly, because fifteen minutes later we were fast asleep. Tired from the day, and sex.

The next morning I woke up to my phone buzzing I picked it up and my mom was yelling at me because I hadn't been home in two days. 

I went downstairs had breakfast with the boys. JJ had filled in Pope about last night's events. Pope and I were still angry at them. JJ was annoyed but wanted us to get along. I think he wanted things to go back to the way the were at the beginning of summer, but Pope and I knew better. They had only been back for three days but it felt like a lifetime. 

JJ and Pope drove me to my parents house so I could change and grab my backpack. My parents were pretty upset, god if only they knew. 

When we got to school everything was normal no one suspected a thing. Not even Luisa or Maya. It was stressful that Rory found out, but at the same time relieving. Having someone else, outside of "Pogues" to talk about it with. I'm just glad she didn't tell anyone. I just had to wait and see if Topper told anyone.

Half way through the day I got a text from a unknown number. "Hey can we meet after school. I'm sorry for the way I acted. Plus I saw you and JJ kissing last night. This is Sarah btw."

I really hope she didn't tell John B about JJ and I. I had a weird feeling that if he knew he would be mad, or at least disapprove.

"I'll be over around 3. Can it just be you and me tho." I texted back.

She responded with a thumbs up.