Love means never having to say you're sorry

Kiara Pov

I stood there staring at Luisa in shock. "What do you mean you called the police. Why?" I said confused. 

"Listen, I just wanted to help." Luisa assured.

"I'm pretty sure that didn't help at all." 

"You guys come to my house all beat up. You, JJ, and Topper were beat up. Sarah was kidnapped, and John B was stabbed. He could have died. If something else happens to anyone you I feel like it on me." She explained. 

"It all worked out well they just needed time. I mean you did a really good job with fixing John B."

She lifted her head up slowly shaking it. "No you don't get it. This morning when I stopped by to check up on them he had a fever. I don't have the right antibiotics to help him. I told them to go to the hospital, but he refused." She admitted.

"But you told me he would be alright?" I asked confused. 

"I'm not a real doctor, you know that right." She said annoyed. "You know what, i'm not sorry for turning them in. I was the only one really looking out for them." She argued storming out of the closet. She walked towards the cafeteria. 

I sat next to JJ letting out a big sigh. I looked around to see Sarah missing.

"Where is Sarah?"

"She went to see John B." He said. "What's going on with Luisa?"

I gazed at him. "Do you think i'm a bad friend?" 

He smirked. "Of course not you one of the most caring people I know." 

"I just feel like I could of helped John B and Sarah more." I admitted.

"John B and Sarah didn't want to be helped, not until it was to late." JJ revealed. 

I nodded. I guess JJ was right. How can you help friends who don't want help. Maybe Luisa was right. I got so caught up in emotion. I needed to step back and do the right thing for once. If I could just fix one thing. This sparked an Idea. 

I called Wheezie. 20 minutes her and Rose were sitting with us in the waiting room. You should have seen the look on Sarah's face when she saw her family for the first time in months. It was heartwarming. 

Later the doctor came and said that John B would be able to leave in a few days. The infection was manageable. And in a few days time Sarah and John B moved back into Tannyhill with Rose as their guardian. Everything was starting to come together. 

One day after school I spotted Topper and Rory kissing in her car. I was happy for them. I even heard from Maya that Luisa and Pope had finally had sex. 

A few nights later JJ came knocking at my window. We realized we hadn't been on a date in a while. He took me to the beach. We considered it our spot since we came here a lot. We layed in the sand looking at the stars. It was a beautiful starry night.

We didn't talk much, but we didn't need to. 

He took my hand and without looking at me said. "It was always you Kie. Since day one, you more than anyone." 

I smiled with relief. "I love you JJ."

He responded with his usual charm. "I know."

I reflected on the year. About the friends i've lost, and the one i've made. I know I made mistakes and wasn't perfect, but I tried and that was all that mattered. I'm glad this story had a happy ending because so many don't. Although we never know what the future holds, in that moment my life was complete.  

And the next day spring began.

--------------------------------------------------------

That's it. 

Thanks for reading. I encourage you to write your own story. Showcase your talent. I know you have it in you.

I'm always around.

-Mcnugggs