𝟏𝟓. 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 into my house after my shift, I checked the time and noticed that it was almost eight o'clock, which meant that the party had already started. Searching through my closet, I groaned loudly, feeling incapable of finding an outfit. After I threw clothes around my room, desperately trying to find something that matched, I ended up with a pair of mom-jean styled shorts as well as a black tube top.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket in case of emergencies, even though the cell towers weren't working as well as they used to. I scribbled a note to my mom, telling her that I'd be home later, and left the paper on the kitchen counter.

I got into my jeep and made my way to the address that Rafe had given me, an ecstatic feeling rushing through my body. As I drove down the road, I started to worry and overthink. What if this was a mistake, what if I was just being a dumb girl who wanted another dumb boy to fall in love with. What if I'm just misreading the entire situation and he still thinks I'm just some Pogue, just dirt under his shoe.

Before I could worry any more, I had arrived. The stars glistened in the sky, brighter then I had ever seen them before. Bright lights flashed from the house while loud music echoed through the quiet neighborhood. I knew that there was no going back, and I had to face the fact and attend the party.

Folding the note in my hand, I put it in the cup holder and hopped out my car, hands visibly shaking. I took a deep breath and made my way up the long driveway, praying that I wouldn't draw too much attention to myself. But as I entered the house, all hope of staying in the shadows was gone. Everyone's eyes focused on me as I walked inside, watching my every step.

"Y/n?" I whipped around to see Maggie walking away from a dark-haired boy, beer in her hand, "I didn't think I'd see you here," She said with a smile as she approached me.

"Yeah... I was invited last minute, I guess," I replied as she led me into the kitchen to grab me a beer.

"Who invited you?" She asked with a smirk as she poured some beer into a red solo cup.

"Rafe," I told her after a second, not sure how she would take it.

"You got the golden boy to ask you to a party?" She asked amazed, "Damn, I didn't think you had it in you," I blushed from embarrassment as she slid me my drink.

"It's not that big of a deal," I mumbled before I took a sip of the alcohol, feeling the cold liquid roll down my throat.

"Well, here comes your prince in Kook armor," She told me with a cheeky smile as Rafe walked over, a big grin on his face. "I'll catch ya later," She said as she bumped elbows with me and walked away.

"You came," He stated with a smile, drink in his hand.

"I promised, so," I replied as I admired the way his honey-blond hair fell in front of his light blue eyes.

"Let me show you around a bit, then we can head downstairs," He offered and I took him up on his idea.

When Rafe first walked in, he was worried that y/n wouldn't show, but when he saw her in the kitchen talking to another girl, his eyes lit up. Taking a second to stare at the girl a few feet away, he could see the way her shorts hugged her hips and the way her hair blew behind her head from the light breeze outside. She looked so happy and carefree, she naturally fit in.

Rafe led me through the house, stopping at a small group of boys who were talking to one another, sipping on their drinks every so often. Rafe introduced me and I talked to one of the boys in the group. "So, are you two a thing?" The boy, Chris, asked as he gave me a small smirk.

"We're just friends," I told him honestly because that's what we were. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Good, because you're so hot," He complimented and I smiled, my confidence shooting up, "Maybe I can take you out sometime," He winked and I bit my lip, and Rafe finally noticed what was happening. Before anything else could happen, he pulled me away from the group and I mouthed for Chris to call me, jokingly.