𝟑𝟔. 𝐌𝐒. 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 setting soon, leaving golden beams to pierce through the dusty windows of The Wreak. Sarah, Pope, John B, Kie and I all sat around a circular table. By the emotion seen from the outside, you would assume that someone had died; and for us, it felt like it.

I stared blankly at the wooden table, arms crossed over my body while my foot tapped rapidly against the ground. I let out a few shaky breaths ever so even; not because I was going to cry, but the fact that Rafe left angry, at both me and our group.

I was worried that he would do something rash. Something dangerous. I was worried he would look to drugs, or something worse... but I couldn't think of anything worse than cocaine, at the moment.

Sarah and Kie haven't spoken a word-- scratch that, nobody has spoken a word since we met up. But that all changed when John B finally decided to break the silence.

"Look, he'll come around, all right?" I scoffed at this. I knew he'll come around, but would that be with or without the money. "He's just doing a JJ thing," John B added.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie asked softly, eyes still staring dead at the table.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," Pope piped up and I sighed. He was going to go home; that was the problem. I knew my best friend.

He would go home and show his dad the money. His dad would then take it and insist on buying some useless crap that nobody ever needed.

JJ would try and steal it back and then... well, you know what would happen next.

"Y/n, you okay?" John B asked me, causing me to look up in shock.

"I'm fine," I lied because, in all honesty, I wasn't. I wanted to find JJ, get the money back and then find Rafe, hopefully still alive. I wanted to go back to the first day of summer where there were no guns, no gold and nobody threatening to kill us every other day.

"And you?" He asked Sarah who was just as quiet.

She nodded softly and looked towards her boyfriend, "What about you?"

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." He gave her a small smile in which she returned.

Pope sighed, catching our attention, "Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal," He moved away from the window and towards the other side of the table. "So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it,"

"Are you sure?" Kie asked him as she adjusted herself in her chair.

"Yes," Pope stated, "Bring it all up at once. Put it in--in a safe or vault or something. I--I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off," He continued as he leaned closer to the group.

"Where would we even find someone to give that much gold too?" John B questioned, no doubt, thinking about Pope's planned out option.

"I can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning," Pope finished quickly, his eyes flickering from our faces.

"All right, let's do it," John B agreed and Sarah cocked her eyebrow.

"What about that thing with my dad?" She questioned and John B's lips parted slightly. Meaning, that he had completely spaced on their small activity.

"What thing?" Pope accused.

"I have to go fishing... with Ward," John B explained and I rolled my eyes.

"You can get four-hundred mill... 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie asked, completely dumbfounded.

"Look, I have to go," He continued.